lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
hamy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Starter gen brush removal

I have read a lot about replacing the the starter gen brushes on here but cant find anywhere that explains how you replace them. Its a Hitachi GSB107-04A. Do you have to pull one of the ends off? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
hamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Starter gen brush removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamy View Post
I have read a lot about replacing the the starter gen brushes on here but cant find anywhere that explains how you replace them. Its a Hitachi GSB107-04A. Do you have to pull one of the ends off? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
it's not hard with the S/G off the cart.Pull the rubber plugs and underneath you will see a phillips head set screw. Remove that carefully and the brush will just lift out. Repeat for each brush and your done. I personally like to spin the comutatator and clean the contact areas and then clean the gaps between the copper contact areas just for extra insurance.
Hope that helps.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
hamy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks. How do you clean the comutater?
hamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I use 120 grit emery cloth to remove the carbon residue left by the brushes then a cotton swab dabbed in acetone to clear the tracks between the copper contact areas. Of course, the S/G will require stripping down to do this properly but while it's off the cart it's worth the extra effort. You will notice in some cases that the brushes will have created a groove in the copper contact area much like brake pad wear creates a ridge around the inner and outer side of a rotor on a car. If you have access to a lathe, the ideal scenario would be to skim this area smooth.Just enough to make it flat but no more. My local NAPA store is very helpful with this kind of work. Just be sure to remove any copper residue from the machining process from between the tracks after the operation.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car