lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
panamaguy
Not Yet Wild

Default club car s/g in an ez-go

Hello all,I have a 91 ez go and I have been posting in the ez go forum but this may be a club car question.I bought a s/g from a guy who said it works on both club car and ez-go,I wired it up and had sparks coming from the engine block,found out that the F1 terminal was touching the frame so I insulated it and no more sparks but my volt meter goe's crazy when I rev the cart up.I have a new regulator and battery,the meter reads 12.6V when the cart is off.Do I have something wired wrong?I followed the ez-go diagram in the manual and it is wired that way,any help would be great thanks.
panamaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
clubcar5
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: club car s/g in an ez-go

When not running, it should be around 12v. Only when the engine is running should you get 14+ volts to the battery from the voltage regulator.
clubcar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:39 AM   #3
rib33024

A fully charged 12v battery will read 12.73 volts at rest
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
panamaguy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies,it doe's read approx.12.5V at rest,the problem is that it reads over 140V when reved-up,not sure if it is a wireing issue with the club car to ez-go switch-out.doe's the club car s/g get grounded differently?If so please tell me what to do because if I fry something it takes 3weeks to get it from the States and costs 3X as much,Thanks
panamaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car