lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2014, 06:24 AM   #21
gswillis
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: charger will not come on

thanks so much. to all.Where can i get a used obc?
gswillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #22
crash test dummy

flee bay ...but used is used
another option is a DPI charger .. it eliminates the OBC .. it cost a little more but you can sell your other charger and recoup some of the cost

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/48v_Battery_Charger.html
Old 06-20-2014, 01:58 PM   #23
gswillis
Not Yet Wild

So if I understand you correctly, the only function that the OBC has is charging the batteries.and I can purchase that other charger and it will automatically shut off when the batteries are charged
Old 06-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #24
crash test dummy

yes sir .. also it has a float mode so when you go away it keeps it at max charge

Quote:
Carts Unlimited
DPI Accusense Battery chargers automatically go into a maintenance mode once the charge cycle is complete.
This float charge holds the batteries in a slightly elevated state where no sulfation occurs.
Idle battery packs loose as much as 1% of their charge per day, 7% per week.
Keep them on a float charge
So your healthy batteries are always full and ready to go.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:56 PM   #25
gswillis
Not Yet Wild

Just to let you know I went back and did the test by running a jumper wire to the two power wires on the charger and it started humming.Then I went to the cart and took the fuse at the grey wire out and on the receptacle side I ran a jumper to the negative post Like it showed in the diagram.Plugged up the charger to the cart and the charger would not come on.So are we still saying the OBC is bad.Thanks again for your help.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:59 AM   #26
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gswillis View Post
I went back and did the test by running a jumper wire to the two power wires on the charger and it started humming
you got charger to come on ... did you get volts to batteries ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gswillis View Post
I went to the cart and took the fuse at the grey wire out and on the receptacle side I ran a jumper to the negative post Like it showed in the diagram.Plugged up the charger to the cart and the charger would not come on.So are we still saying the OBC is bad.Thanks again for your help.
no... that shows that the gray wire is bad from fuse to charger if you got volts to batteries as asked above
another thing is to check the fuse link at the receptacle

Last edited by crash test dummy; 06-21-2014 at 02:33 AM.. Reason: added diagram
Old 06-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #27
gswillis
Not Yet Wild

How do I check the fuse link.I see it in the diagram.Are you saying the grey wire from the fuse back to the charger is probably bad and not the charger sense I jumped the 2 power wires on the charger itself.By the way I dont know if the batteries were getting voltage or not.Thanks P.S. Thanks for your patients .
Old 06-21-2014, 11:07 PM   #28
crash test dummy

the fuse link is on top of the charger receptacle
looks like this

if link is broken or melted it is bad

you need a volt meter to measure the battery pack to see if it is getting charge when you by passed the charger relay and got charger to turn on

IF ... you are getting power to the pack then the gray wire is the problem

IF ... you are not getting power to the pack with the charger jumped then the charger has a problem or charger receptacle has a problem

IF ... charger comes on with the OBC by passed at the gray wire then OBC is bad

IF ... you hook up gray wire at fuse and pack negative and charger does not come on then gray wire is bad between fuse and charger receptacle
Old 06-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #29
gswillis
Not Yet Wild

Ok, First of all I check the fuse link.It doesn't look like the one in the picture because it does look like its could have melted but it still had continuity.It was not a thin wire in the picture.But again it had continuity.By the way I checked the continuity on every wire from the plug that plugs into the receptacle on the cart to the 3 wires that`run to the charger.I could find nothing wrong with the gray wire ,it had continuity.The charger did not come on with the OBC bypassed.I hooked up the gray at fuse and the pack negative and charger did not come on .But remember I checked the grey wire and it did have continuity.Now about and hour ago I bypassed the relay so the charger would come on and before I turned it on I checked the voltage and it read 48.1 volts.It has now been on about and hour and it still reads 48.1 volts.Now there is a possibility I check the volt the wrong way.the way I did it was I put my volt meter on 200 v and put the red terminal on the positive and the negative to the pack negative.Is that the correct way. I think Ive done everything you have told me to.Again thanks you for your help-and I can still use it.Thanks again
Old 06-22-2014, 08:51 PM   #30
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
IF ... you are not getting power to the pack with the charger jumped then the charger has a problem or charger receptacle has a problem
yes you did test right ... if the pack is not getting volts charger is bad ... try to get another charger and try it in your cart and try your charger in another cart

if charger is bad you can repair or replace it

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Powerdrive_2_Charger_Troubleshooting.pdf (31.1 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car