lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2015, 01:13 PM   #51
kev2504
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Charger wont charge.

Do you happen to know what the part number for the voltage suppressor is? No I don't have the charger part number. The relay is mounted on the wall above the circuit breaker, not the bottom. I believe the cart is a 2002 DS.
kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2015, 01:41 PM   #52
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The diode (voltage suppressor) is a: 1N4004 or 1N4007

They should cost less than 10 cents, but sometimes when sold as a "charger replacement part", the mark up is huge.

If Your meter does not have a diode check function, You can measure it in the 2kΩ scale, You should get a low reading in one direction, and a high reading with the probes reversed.

Measure between the 2 small spade connectors (not the relay terminals) after you disconnect them from the relay. The DC cord also needs to be unplug from the cart.

If you replace the diode, make sure the cathode (diode end with the stripe) gets connected to the positive side of the charger.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #53
kev2504
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sounds good. I will replace the relay and test the Diode. then we can go from there.
Thanks for all your help.
kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 06:55 AM   #54
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

I repair those almost every day now, I have found 95% of the problems to be a poor connection on the Diodes

I remove each wire ( 1 at the time ) clean them with a small brass wire brush, spray them with WD40, install a small STAR WASHER below and above each wire terminal and reassemble the wires !

I do this for each wire that has a NUT & Terminal on them and I have solved 95% of those problems for under $2

I began doing this when MY OWN charger failed and I brought it to the local repair shop and they charged me $200 to replace the computer board inside the charger.........3 weeks later same problem, they then told me that the OBC was at fault and tried to sell me a new OBC...........I got another charger from one of my other carts and tried it and it worked on my cart........! That equals a dishonest local repair shop ...! I went ahead and took the faulty charger apart and discovered NO ONBOARD COMPUTER BOARD to replace........I decided to check the diodes, they were all good, and I found only 1 wire to have a bad connection and I fixed the problem with the afore mentioned procceudre........

I since have been advertising this repair service for $50 and I took all his repair business away from him.........

Needless to say he is pissed at me............
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 06:21 PM   #55
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale-D View Post
I repair those almost every day now, I have found 95% of the problems to be a poor connection on the Diodes

I remove each wire ( 1 at the time ) clean them with a small brass wire brush, spray them with WD40, install a small STAR WASHER below and above each wire terminal and reassemble the wires !

I do this for each wire that has a NUT & Terminal on them and I have solved 95% of those problems for under $2

I began doing this when MY OWN charger failed and I brought it to the local repair shop and they charged me $200 to replace the computer board inside the charger.........3 weeks later same problem, they then told me that the OBC was at fault and tried to sell me a new OBC...........I got another charger from one of my other carts and tried it and it worked on my cart........! That equals a dishonest local repair shop ...! I went ahead and took the faulty charger apart and discovered NO ONBOARD COMPUTER BOARD to replace........I decided to check the diodes, they were all good, and I found only 1 wire to have a bad connection and I fixed the problem with the afore mentioned procceudre........

I since have been advertising this repair service for $50 and I took all his repair business away from him.........

Needless to say he is pissed at me............
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2005, charger club car 48, club car
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car