lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2015, 05:11 PM   #11
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Small restoration

Again, I don't know the year of your cart but I doubt they changed much - they are long rods threaded near the top with (as I recall) an S-bend which goes thru holes drilled into the sides of the battery rails.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2015, 05:12 PM   #12
RKeeper1
Getting Wild

It's a 98. I ordered new rods and new plastic pieces that hold the batts. Just was wondering what rail then went it if I dont have rails to see
RKeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 05:18 PM   #13
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Small restoration

You should have enough "remnants of rails" to duplicate it. When I replaced my batteries (they'd been in there for 12 yrs, I got amazing life) some of the steel rods were almost completely corroded away near the "S" bends (despite persistent battery cleaning & care) - only about 1/8" dia. remaining. The aluminum rails, however, were just fine.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:39 PM   #14
RKeeper1
Getting Wild

Well it's been awhile. I've finally had time and parts to do everything. The body wrap went ok. It's not prefect by any means but I learned alot for the next time. The new guide ring (2nd time around of trying) got replaced and the rear body is on and the rear roof/seat support is back on. The radio is working good after I found that 2 connections came undone pulling on the radio harness. Also got the seat covers stapled on and ready to mount. Tomorrow, it all should be put back together! I feel ive wasted half the summer working on it instead of driving it!
Old 07-25-2015, 10:47 PM   #15
RKeeper1
Getting Wild

Excuse the messy garage... Too many projects! Hers the finished result.
The last pic shows the led bulbs I put in the headlights. It's not prefect but it looks 100x better than before.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car