lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #1
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Excell to IQ conversion, What am I getting into?

Hello all! Haven't really seen a post describing in any detail what is involved in doing the Excell to IQ conversion. I have the wiring harness on order as well as a 500A 1268 controller which I have in hand now and the hd solenoid on the way also. Of course, a new 4g battery cable set on the way too.

I have started the process of fitting up the controller onto the mounting plate. That part is done.

As far as the new wiring harness, since I haven't seen it yet or even a good pic of it, is this thing a complete replacement from the dashboard back or some part of it beginning in the controller area?

Just trying to figure out how much I am getting into.

The cart is a 2011 Precedent Excell.

Many thanks in advance.
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2015, 08:27 PM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Excell to IQ conversion, What am I getting into?

You do know that the 1268 controller when properly configured works on an Excell cart without converting to an IQ harness?
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:30 PM   #3
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

no, i didn't. what would be the proper configuration? the controller i have is part number 62-12685501CK. Apparently for the IQ system.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:39 PM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rwf View Post
no, i didn't. what would be the proper configuration? the controller i have is part number 62-12685501CK. Apparently for the IQ system.
I bought my Curtis 1268 500 Amp Controller Part number 76-1268-5501CKX from www.FSIP.biz speak to Matt Potter at 800-333-1194 @ Ext 227

I don't know the specifics but my install was nearly plug & play with very little wiring to do in a matter of hours....
Old 07-20-2015, 08:42 PM   #5
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I converted my 2012 to IQ.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...s-same-iq.html

It was easy but had a few questions and issues, I had a reason, I used a stock controller that I thought had speed code 4, ended up adding the magnet since the conversion and it worked. Now that said, I used that same controller on my 2008.5 cart, works great. I have picks of that install also.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...e-maybe-3.html

BTW Alltrax issues are now solved with their new model so this first part of the thread is outdated.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:16 PM   #6
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the responses guys. I was told that the conversion would be the best option as it allows for easier future upgrades. Plug and play sure sounds better/easier. But, who knows. Maybe another upgrade is around the corner somewhere.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:30 PM   #7
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rwf View Post
Thanks for the responses guys. I was told that the conversion would be the best option as it allows for easier future upgrades. Plug and play sure sounds better/easier. But, who knows. Maybe another upgrade is around the corner somewhere.
Once you upgrade the controller what else is there to convert easier/better? Motors are the same between an IQ and Excel....
Old 07-20-2015, 09:32 PM   #8
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

I too converted my cart from Excel to IQ when I bought my first Altrax DCX500 controller. I have since - like earlier this month - replaced the controller with the new Alltrax XCT 500. It is awesome and solves all the throttle issues you will read about - not related to the IQ wiring harness.

I speak very little of the harness as it really is plug and play - front to back to the controller.

Regards,
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:21 AM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Guys, I sold him the parts and the harness to do this conversion. The reason we went with the IQ harness and the IQ controller conversion is because of the issues some people have had and the wiring required to make them work. I trust the IQ conversion and have seen first hand how easily it works with the factory IQ harness. That's the reason we opted to do it this way.

w4rw4,
Your harness should be here any day now. I apologize for Club Car and their back-ordering but unfortunately it's something we can't control. The solenoid is here ready to be shipped. Just waiting on the harness. Once you get the harness you'll see how easy it is to install. It will plug into every connector the same way your Excel harness comes out.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:17 AM   #10
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Guys, I sold him the parts and the harness to do this conversion....
Well dat explains it all den....

Having seen and almost tempted into buying a low cost 1268 controller from eBay is why I climbed in here... Not knowing where it was bought and and the support or lack there of received I feared for the worst... I see he is in good hands....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car