lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2015, 05:00 PM   #11
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomInAustin View Post
I don't think I mentioned enough how much I love this cart, its smooth, quiet, pulls a lot of weight (brother in law and his 3 buddies top a half ton) and doesn't make me haul gas in the car.

Its quiet enough i was able to sneak up on a herd of White Tails, got with in 70 yards down wind before they spooked.
In no time we'll have you hooked to the point where you'll be wanting all sorts of upgrades !
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2015, 06:26 PM   #12
TomInAustin
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassk View Post
Just a wild thought, batteries lasted two years with the other guy, changed in 2013, 2013 to now is two years. I would check connections and keep them charged before adding distilled water. Messing with batteries you should always wear Eye protection and I keep some baking soda and water close, drops of acid will burn quick,...
Very good advice. Its funny, cars are so reliable these days i haven't messed with a battery in 20 years. Thanks for the reminder for safety.
TomInAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #13
TomInAustin
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
In no time we'll have you hooked to the point where you'll be wanting all sorts of upgrades !
Just this very day I ordered gun rack mounts for the front basket. So yes I agree. I am a car guy anyway so this is not much of a stretch as a hobby.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:05 PM   #14
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
First thing is do not run the cart below 50% state of charge, way to know this is with a good voltmeter mounted on the cart.
Welcome aboard. Scooterman's advice is great. If you have (a) an analog meter, or (b) one with multiple LEDs that are all lit when the pack is charged and as the pack discharges the LEDs go off one-by-one throw it away. You will know much more about your pack if you go to the website of one of our members (ScottyB) an purchase an appropriate meter:

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-led-meters.html

Also, another member (JohnnieB) can tell you more about batteries than you will ever care to know. In this thread:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-question.html

JohnnieB uploaded a SoC chart. Do yourself a favor and download it, print it, laminate it, and put it in your cart.

Again, welcome,

TJ
thetoddjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:37 PM   #15
TomInAustin
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoddjohnson View Post
Welcome aboard. Scooterman's advice is great. If you have (a) an analog meter, or (b) one with multiple LEDs that are all lit when the pack is charged and as the pack discharges the LEDs go off one-by-one throw it away. You will know much more about your pack if you go to the website of one of our members (ScottyB) an purchase an appropriate meter:

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-led-meters.html

Also, another member (JohnnieB) can tell you more about batteries than you will ever care to know. In this thread:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-question.html

JohnnieB uploaded a SoC chart. Do yourself a favor and download it, print it, laminate it, and put it in your cart.

Again, welcome,

TJ

Thanks, great advice. I have been needing some new projects so meters, fenders and such will work just fine
Old 11-09-2015, 10:23 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomInAustin View Post
Thanks, great advice. I have been needing some new projects so meters, fenders and such will work just fine
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car