lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2015, 01:17 AM   #11
bret
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Tire tread question

Heres another picture at an angle. I think I see what you guys mean about the spring ...that it essentially looks flat. Both sides appear to look the same though. Regardless perhaps I should just go auead and upgrade to heavy duty leaf springs? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

09 club car precedent
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151111_005827.jpg (158.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20151111_005931.jpg (141.8 KB, 0 views)
bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2015, 06:44 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Precedent leaf springs have a flat profile.

I installed the medium duty spring (3 leafs) on my Precedent to compensate for the extra weight of the rear seat and it works great for me.

For the wear to be on a single rear tire it almost needs to be some kind of rubbing on the underside of the body when you have a load on the back seat.

Are the gaps around the tire and fender the same on both sides of the cart?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:31 AM   #13
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

That wheel is turned to the right, thus the inside is dragging kind of side ways. My thinking is the lift block my not be allowing the wheel to set straight.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:09 AM   #14
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is what I think also
Check that the lift block is the same way on both sides
Measure from the front connecting pin on the leaf spring to the centering pin in the leaf spring, be sure both sides are EXACTLY the same...........Someone may have turned the spring backwards on you ( I am not sure if they have a front and rear ) if they are different this will cause one tire to drag behind ! Also, be sure the bolts that secure the lift block to the cart has the same amount of threads showing an all bolts, that uneveness can cause the same effect............

Let us know what you find, and what you done to resolve this problem

Dale D
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:21 AM   #15
bret
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Will do that later today. Thanks for being detailed, all. Very helpful.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:32 AM   #16
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

I hope you find the problem and return here to let us know, so, someone can benefit from your experience

Dale D
Old 11-11-2015, 11:46 AM   #17
bret
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The springs are not backwards. Both measure up the same.
There is, however, a little less visible threading on the ubolt ends on the side with the worn down tire. So that sounds like the lift block is looser on that side perhaps?
Old 11-11-2015, 01:04 PM   #18
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am no expert, but, my thinking is that the Lift Block may be keeping the rear axle back just a bit further then the other side and the result would be that the tire will wear on the inside much faster then the other side............

I have seen the lift blocks tilted and caused brakes to lock up and th cause the cart to become unstable

Dale D
Old 11-11-2015, 01:33 PM   #19
Yamahaman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret View Post
Heres another picture at an angle. I think I see what you guys mean about the spring ...that it essentially looks flat. Both sides appear to look the same though. Regardless perhaps I should just go auead and upgrade to heavy duty leaf springs? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

09 club car precedent
Open that second pic to a exploded view and look at the tire on the left down towards the bottom.Notice the inside of the tire is wearing almost as bad as the other tire ?.Those three ribs in the center still have a lot of tread left on both tires even tho the right one is worse.To me it indicates the tires were run too low for the weight you are carrying or your guage could be wrong,who knows.Tires didn't show any wear on your last maintenance schedule ?.
I run the same tire except in a 10" and havn't noticed any abnormal wear but mine arn't three years old yet.
Yamahaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:12 PM   #20
bret
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

You're right. I was mistaken.. it is worn down on the other tire as well but it is just more visible on the right. We only have had a heavy load a little before halloween. Perhaps this entirely happened then.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car