lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2016, 11:05 AM   #1
flyons78
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 2011 CC DS Shocks - Need Recommendations

So my 2011 CC DS (AQ11) is floating around when I have more than two people riding. Either the shocks are old or just aren't heavy duty enough. I would like to upgrade to add stability and control when carrying a load.

Can anyone recommend the parts I need?

**Note: I don't currently have a lift kit, but plan to get the Jake's 6" double a-arm kit in the relatively near future. Not sure if this makes a difference, so throwing it out there.

Cheers!
flyons78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2016, 07:20 AM   #2
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2011 CC DS Shocks - Need Recommendations

more than likely an issue with the stock springs and not the shocks. You can upgrade the rear springs to a multi leaf to carry that load. So medium duty or heavy duty springs from one of the site sponsors here will help.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:00 AM   #3
flyons78
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
more than likely an issue with the stock springs and not the shocks. You can upgrade the rear springs to a multi leaf to carry that load. So medium duty or heavy duty springs from one of the site sponsors here will help.
Thanks, this is good info. I'm looking to get the double a-arm lift kit and I'll be sure to get the one with the heavy duty rear leaf spring. If that resolves the issue, you definitely just saved me some money because I would have replaced the shocks too.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:05 AM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

most lift kits dont come with springs.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:10 AM   #5
flyons78
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
most lift kits dont come with springs.
Ok, I must have misread on the products I was looking at. So a HD rear leaf spring kit is what I should get to stabilize the cart better under load? I just want to make sure I get what I need and it's compatible (installs easily) with whatever double a-arm lift kit I get.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:18 PM   #6
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

the same place that you get your lift from may also sell HD rear springs. you can just add them to the order. When i did my lift i was able to use the same rear shocks for the lift kit gave me another mounting plate for them but the original one is still there if i wanted to use different long shock . i also went we a different shock for they were cheaper then CC wanted .

here is a thread when i re did the rear end / motor (post #4) http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...000-cc-ds.html

Here is the Monroe shock length and style pdf : http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1383610320

Monroe # is the same as O'Really Auto parts is but i didnt have one by me, so I found which one I wanted, then found what they went on and went to Advance looking for shocks for that make .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:42 PM   #7
flyons78
Getting Wild
Club Car

So I ordered the Heavy Duty Dual-Action Rear leaf springs for my CC DS. However, I am reading about the installation and I am seeing conflicting information on whether or not I should keep my rear shocks. Some say toss them because the springs are HD, some say get the extensions and keep the shocks. Will keeping the shocks on make for an overly stiff ride? I don't know what to do.

I do mostly road driving with a load of passengers.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:57 PM   #8
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Keep the shocks.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #9
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If you put both bushings above the mounting bracket and just use the bottom washer at the bottom it will be about the right length.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:44 AM   #10
flyons78
Getting Wild
Club Car

The leaf spring upgrade went smooth as butter! For CC DS owners (mine is a 2011), the dual action heavy duty leaf spring upgrade did not require shock extensions or longer u-bolts. It all fit back on rather easily and no special adjustments were needed. Overall, I'd say the task is relatively easy if you have the right tools. An electric or pneumatic torque drill has been extremely useful in almost all of my cart upgrades. No issues getting bolts off.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car