lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
traderrik
Not Yet Wild

Default Intellilock automatic locking differential

I've seen a tractional control kit for a CC electric, but only for a Kawasaki rear end. And I've heard mixed reviews as to how well it works.

Anyone know of a functional, quality kit for my '02 DS with a Graziano type rear end? (Housing bolts go in from the passenger side.) I know I can't be the only potential customer for 'positraction', so it may be that it's just not possible to convert a stock transaxle.

Suggestions and comments appreciated!
traderrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2007, 02:46 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Limited Slip Transaxle

BU is the only one that offers the kits that I know of. And coming from BU, I wouldn't bet the farm on it serving you well.

Call Cart Parts Plus (1.888.861.2640) and see what they have or can get.

I think the complexity of the new style rear end keeps them from making it for them, but the electric rear ends are the same as they always have been, minus the technical data. In other words, they work the same way, only the do the same thing a little differently. I am confusing myself now so I'll just be quiet.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:38 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

There is an ad in "Golf Car Advisor" magazine where club car is offering "Intellilock" auto locker traction control for club car Graziano electric transaxles.

Edit*...I have it right in front of me...yep....auto locker from club car for graziano axles
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:54 PM   #4
traderrik
Not Yet Wild

Cool, Roady - can ya tell me how to contact 'em?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:58 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

All the ad says is..."Contact your authorized club car distributor for pricing"
I did a search and didn't find much more than what the add says. I believe its a new product.

Google "Intellilock club car". Not much is there about it
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:30 AM   #6
traderrik
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: Limited Slip Transaxle

'preciate that, Roady. I found a press release about it, but nothing on Club Car's site that I could find.

"5/09/2007, 10:00 AM CDT

Club Car has developed two additional technologies, IntelliLock and IQ Torque, for its XRT800 and XRT810 electric utility vehicles.

IntelliLock automatic locking differential is a true on-demand traction system developed for smaller chassis vehicles. The system allows the vehicle to operate like a normal open differential vehicle for turning ease and reduced risk of turf damage. As soon as there is tire slippage, the system automatically locks to increase traction..."

Looking at the specs on the XRT800, it may be adaptable to a DS cart - not that I could afford to buy what it would take from CC anyway!

Maybe one of these days something will come along. Meanwhile, guess I'll have to rely on the "buddy system" and a tow rope...
Old 07-19-2007, 10:43 AM   #7
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I have my brakes set to pull slightly harder on the passenger side wheel. 99% of the time, I don't have a rider with me, so there is no weight on that wheel. And that means that wheel will be more likely to spin. When it does spin, I just hold the gas down and put some pressure on the brakes. Since that wheel then becomes the harder of the two to turn, the open differential sends the power to the driver side wheel, which I am sitting on. 8 times out of 10, it will get you back on your way.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #8
traderrik
Not Yet Wild

Cool idea! But I almost always have 1 or 3 peeps with me. (Only alcoholics drink alone, ya know)

And then there's those "2 out of 10 times" ...
Old 07-19-2007, 12:08 PM   #9
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

If you have got all those folks with you, you might as well take the wheels off and make them carry you.

The only other suggestion I have, which would be as expensive or MORE, would be to get a junk gas cart, take the FNR unit off, and mount to motor to it. Then put the LSD parts in that differential. Gas and electric carts used the same differential for years and years, so the differentials are the same.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:08 PM   #10
IAMCOOL
Gone Wild

i carry the intellilock rear end from club car as a chunk for the grand total off $500.00 if anyone is interested
IAMCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car