lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2016, 12:08 AM   #11
VicR
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Charger problems

Great I will try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thank you
VicR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2016, 07:27 AM   #12
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
This only works with a pre-2004 beige colored OBC. The grey OBC will not allow you to manually force a charge through the OBC.
I wonder what I must be doing different as I have not had to jump anything else. D/S or precedent hasn't mattered. Come September, I'll be jumping chargers on almost a daily basis. Grey, beige, black OBCs, hasn't mattered on the ones Ive been doing and I know just last week I jumped a 2010 Precedent, so not sure what I'm doing that's different.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:55 AM   #13
VicR
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thank you everyone
Old 07-30-2016, 09:03 PM   #14
VicR
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

No dice nothing the charger still doesn't come on. Therefore I am. Assuming something is wrong with the charger. Correct?
Old 07-30-2016, 09:12 PM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicR View Post
No dice nothing the charger still doesn't come on. Therefore I am. Assuming something is wrong with the charger. Correct?
Are you sure it's not on? Check the voltage at the battery pack once you hook the charger up. If the battery pack is extremely dead the charger will register 0 amps for a little while until the batteries start to rise. Stone-cold dead batteries can fool you easily. I had to take a team of temps to a golf course full of 2011 Precedents that had sat in a cart barn for 6 months before the course opened up. It really threw them for a loop because they had never seen anything like it. The carts were ALL completely dead. Had to boost all of them to get them to go. Some of them took a good 20 minutes before the meter would rise, but you can tell whether the charger is working or not by checking the voltage at the batteries while the charger is plugged in.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:26 PM   #16
VicR
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question, The 10awg wire I jump out on the negative terminal of the plug, Does it go to the last battery in the pack or the first main battery?
Old 07-30-2016, 09:43 PM   #17
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Question, The 10awg wire I jump out on the negative terminal of the plug, Does it go to the last battery in the pack or the first main battery?
It goes to the battery that has the large cable from the controller to the (-) terminal... It should be on the left side of the cart...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:54 PM   #18
VicR
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

what do you consider the left side drivers side? Also should the charger hum like all car chargers do with transformers
Old 07-30-2016, 09:59 PM   #19
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
what do you consider the left side drivers side? Also should the charger hum like all car chargers do with transformers
Yes drivers side... Generally chargers do hum when powered up some louder than others and more so depending on load...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:02 PM   #20
VicR
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ok, i have it jumped to the correct negative, No dice, Charger not working. No hum what so ever from the charger, the only thing i didn't do is leave it on for very long. Suggestions ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car