lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
Holyhubcaps
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1987 ez-go gas 24hp conversion ?

i HAVE A 1987 Electric ez-go that currently has a 2 Hp motor in it. The cart is in rough shape as far as batteries and the electric side of things go however thats ok because I am going to put a 24 HP Kohler Command motor in it and I need so assistance on the transmission and differential and junk. anybody ever tried this before? Any tips or ideas would be great as I have obviously never attempted this before. Thanks for the help and have a great day!
Holy Hubcaps
Holyhubcaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
sak00
What was I thinking?

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1987 ez-go gas 24hp conversion ?

Not without alot of fab work and money. You need a gasser rearend, clutches, rework the framework for the engine cradle. Your best bet is too sell or junk this one off and get you a cheap gasser to do your project with. Make sure you get a four stroke cart so you have reverse. Old marathon carts were 2 stroke and you lose reverse in those builds.
sak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

More of the same here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...tml#post444950
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
Holyhubcaps
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I appreciate the information, hwoever I got this cart for free and I have 25hp fourstroke kohler motor to drop in I am in it for nothing right now. I didnt think a stock rearend and clutches would work, i thought they wouldnt be strong enough? I have time and me and my buddies are pretty good at the fabrication side of things. Knowing this would you still say scrap it and get a gas one? Thanks for your input, my very first build and I really appreciate all the tips and tricks!
Holyhubcaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO