lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #21
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery melt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm-outlaw View Post
So much for my "drive it like you stole it" philosophy.
Good Philosophy! But you still have to do routine maintenence lmao......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #22
sm-outlaw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

for some reason "routine" and "maintenance" are two words that just dont seem right together. I prefer to break stuff, then upgrade, then break, upgrade... That's the fun of it, at least until you run out of money.
I raced motocross for over 20 yrs and I'd start each summer w/ 2 or 3 new bikes which were always clapped out 9 months later. It didnt matter how dilligently my dad (a motorcycle mechanic) and I worked on them, they would be clapped out. If they werent beat to $hi7 by the end of the season then I wasnt riding hard enough. The moral is, nothing lasts forever and everything's consumable. See, it's the circle of life. And in my experience, if you're not breaking stuff then you arent really having fun. And if you spend all your time polishing your toys w/ a cloth diaper then you definitely arent enjoying them.
after all:
Golf courses are only good for one thing.... Offroading!

After closer inspection, I found another battery had melted worse than the first one. It was the next/adjacent battery in sequence. So, from the assortment of batteries I inherited (which range from 2-7 y.o.) the two newest ones suffered the damage. Not that it really matters, they're all getting replaced soon anyway.
sm-outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #23
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well if they are 2 year old batteries having meltdowns, I would tap the post with a new stud and use them until they had no life left in them..... I made a post somewhere on here about the anchors I use...... Simple and fast repairs for melted posts.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #24
sm-outlaw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm not sure they're worth saving, but definitely something to consider.
sm-outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:13 AM   #25
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

SM-Outlaw,
Out of curriosity are your batteries currently secured with the hold down plates? If not this is probably the reason for the nuts working them self loose and creating the situation.
Paxdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #26
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

sm i know you are going for new batts, but search for rabbits fix, just as a future reference if nothing else- he knows his ----.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO