lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #11
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: And So It Begins...98 TXT

Lost our 2 pc windshield on the drive home at under 60 mph...... even after I asked the gal specifically if it would be OK.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
This whole project idea started out because of this...

...I only paid $50 for this thing but at least I can use it for target practice!...after I remove the motor of course. I have a feeling that $50 yard sale buy is going to get expensive!
Nope, what you have there is the makings for a trailer for your 98 txt
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What you have there is $400 in parts any way you slice it Provided you find buyers
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:45 PM   #14
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Having hauled MANY carts through the years, the only thing I have EVER lost was one windshield (was hauling the cart backwards on the trailer and completely forgot to remove the windshield) and almost lost the top on one refresher unit (front bolts were broken and I didn't know it until I watched it peel off in my mirror).

but yeah, going highway speed on a single axle trailer is flat out dangerous when you have 1k or more in golf cart weight loaded......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #15
Jetstream
Not Yet Wild

Good evening all. I spent about 4 hours today starting the teardown process...

It looks like it's in pretty decent shape except for the usual battery tray rust out...

...I'm just hoping I'll be able to get this sucker back together without too many parts left over

The controller and solenoid look new, but I'm upgrading so it's a moot point.

I'm picking up a 36 volt charger tomorrow so I'll check the batteries again after a charge. Right now they're reading from 6.08 to 6.27 after sitting since last Monday when I picked up the cart. But I'm thinking more than likely I'll need a new battery pack. Might as well do the 48 volt thing now instead of waiting.

I guess it's looking like I'm going to need a whole lot of new parts for this buggy...
Jetstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #16
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

This all seems somehow familiar. Keep the pics coming. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

I almost suffered the same fate with the roof. Discovered that the bolt holes were broken in the front of the top on mine after I got home with it. No matter to me. It's a sled now anyhow.

t
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:13 AM   #17
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks good. Go 48v or higher now and don't bother with a 36v charger or having buy things twice. If you do want to stay 36v for a little longer, look at the duel chargers, the ones that do 36v and 48v. I use one just incase I pickup another project cart.
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #18
Jetstream
Not Yet Wild

Hello All...frame is now ready for reassembly! Had it blasted and powder coated. Went ahead and bolted up the rear lift to accommodate the new wheels and tires. Wheels fit ok, however it appears that the lug bolts (not the nuts ) aren't quite long enough! It looks like the bolts are at least a half inch too short. Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by Jetstream; 01-21-2011 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: pic
Old 01-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #19
crash51730
Not Yet Wild

Frame looks really good. What does it run to have a frame powder coated, if I may ask?
crash51730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #20
Jetstream
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash51730 View Post
Frame looks really good. What does it run to have a frame powder coated, if I may ask?
300$ total to have it blasted and coated...about a 50/50 split on costs for each. This is the first time I've ever had something powder coated and I'm happy with the job. Should last a few more years...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO