lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
CharlieH
Not Yet Wild

Default Voltage Reducer 36v to 12v

Hi, Trying help out a buddy of mine with a 1995 36v Ezgo.Last week he called me and said on a full charge his radio would quit after 20 minutes and his cart was slower.I asked did he have them hard wired to 2 batteries and he said yes for the past 6 months.I suspected those two batteries and tried to explain the damage that CAN occur to the batteries without a 36v to 12v converter especially with extended use and no rotation,long story short he finially found out he did indeed have two bad batteries,the company replaced those two under warranty after testing all six , so I suggested he purchase a converter to draw off the set as a whole and he agreed.He has a 50 watt JVC stereo 50W=4.16A but he also has two headlights which he states is factory EZ-GO and I have no idea of the wattage,plus he has two small LED tail lights.I have not seen his carts headlights but as a ballpark guess,would a 16 amp converter be sufficient to run his accessories? Any suggested websites who sell quality converters at fair prices? I seen some on Ebay at cheap prices but they are generic,kinda hate to lead the guy toward a cheapo converter that may not last long
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO