lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
JDC
Gone Wild

Default Ez-Go J598

Would this be a 98 cart ? Its a 36 volt system. Anyway Im following the trouble shooting steps In the Ez-go tech. trouble shooting manual for no forward or reverse movment. anyway I got to step 43. voltage between battery B- and direction selector C stud I only have 21 volts everything before that I get 38 volts and everything after step 42 I only get 21 would 21 be considered no voltage on these dia. trees.
JDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2011, 05:18 AM   #2
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez-Go J598

if that is mfg. # then it should be a 98. as for 21v, what should it be, according to manual? i think 21v would certainly be considerded dead. someone with a tech manual can help much better. good luck
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:35 AM   #3
JDC
Gone Wild

Checking the wiring last nite I found B and D on the gear selector go to S1 and S2 on the motor and they were backwards compared to the EZ-GO wiring diagram could this have fryed the motor.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:50 AM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

no, that would not have fried the motor. B and D control the "flow" of electricity through the motor, thus determining forward or reverse.

I'm not looking at a diagnostic flowchart at the moment, but Direction selector "C" is the top post correct? Have you verified the condition of the wire between the motor and the direction selector? I believe "C" is connected to A2 correct? you have to basically just trace the system back until you figure out where you are losing voltage at. could be a wire, could be the motor, could even be the copper buss bar on the F&R itself.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
JDC
Gone Wild

Ok I did the motor test tonight and it works. I did the ITS throttle test and it tested no good. So I did the controler test and it tested no good. But with ITS no good would that screw up the controler test?
Old 06-25-2011, 06:26 AM   #6
JDC
Gone Wild

I tried a new ITS last nite and no change . so I switched the controller with the one that came with the cart and now the ITS works right but the B+ to M- test voltage starts at 22 volts instead of 0 volts and goes to 38 as the pedal is depreessed. What do you thinks wrong now?
Old 06-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
JDC
Gone Wild

Today I decided to check the direction selector switch. I pulled it out and took it apart and cleaded the contacts and noticed two of them were at an odd angle so I straightened them out to match up with the stationary ones and presto!! she's alive again. Thanks for the tips and direction that you guys gave me. Now I can start on the other beast.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO