lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
TNTman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Runaway Cart

So...my building is not done yet and I am still working outside. About a week ago, a guy brings me a cart, and says he wants new batteries in it, and for me to get it running, then make it street legal. So today, I finally get to his cart, because of other service jobs in line ahead of him. I put the new batteries in. I fabricated new 4 ga. cables and went to hook up the positive terminal, and got a huge arc. I started looking at the way it had been hooked up previous to me getting it, and even to my novice eyes, it didn't look right. So I came home for lunch, and looked up the schematic for an EZGO resistor cart, printed it and took it back with me. Cables from the solenoid were hooked up wrong, as well as the FNR switch...anyway, I started switching things around, and made more new small guage wiring for the micro switches, etc. I checked all the connections with a continuity tester, made the final battery connection, put the new fuse in the new fuse holder. About this time I saw a car pull into the back driveway of the shop. I was standing beside the cart, and turned the key on, just as the customer stopped about 30 feet away, directly in front of the cart. The cart took off on its own, headed directly for his car. I am running along side the cart, yelling for him to move. He hits the gas, and gets out of the way, and I am able to catch back up to the cart, and grab the FNR switch, and got it into Neutral. He comes walking up, and says "well at least we know the motor runs". We pushed the cart back where it had come from and I knocked off for the day, being greatful that the cart hadn't hit his fairly new HHR Chevy. Note to self: in the future, jack a cart up where it cannot take off on you again. Now the question of the day for those with more experience than me, which is almost everyone. Did I hook something up wrong too, or is there a stuck switch or something somewhere???

Thanks for the help

Robin
TNTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Runaway Cart

Solenoid stuck closed? That would be my first guess.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #3
SHRINER
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Runaway Cart

check your wiper board
SHRINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO