lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ScottyBs gauge question

FWIW:

I don't use my cart every day and sometimes I only put about a mile on it, while other times I go ten miles or more, but with one exception, it is either in use, on charge or on float charge. The exception being when I've only driven it a few hundred yards and not sure if I'll use it any more that day, then it sits until that evening before I plug the charger back in.

The charger I use is a DPI 1-36018-04, which has a transformer instead of a switching power supply reducing AC line voltage down to battery charging levels. Basically, it is the best features of old school combined with the more precise current and voltage control of newer technology.

I've only had it a few weeks, but from what I can tell so far, if I had patented the charger designs that have been floating around in my head, DPI would probably be paying me royalties.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
FWIW:

I don't use my cart every day and sometimes I only put about a mile on it, while other times I go ten miles or more, but with one exception, it is either in use, on charge or on float charge. The exception being when I've only driven it a few hundred yards and not sure if I'll use it any more that day, then it sits until that evening before I plug the charger back in.

The charger I use is a DPI 1-36018-04, which has a transformer instead of a switching power supply reducing AC line voltage down to battery charging levels. Basically, it is the best features of old school combined with the more precise current and voltage control of newer technology.

I've only had it a few weeks, but from what I can tell so far, if I had patented the charger designs that have been floating around in my head, DPI would probably be paying me royalties.
Good to hear you approve. Still time for you to get some of those floating ideas to the docking station, Captain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg docking-station.jpg (64.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg tin-foil-hat.jpg (10.3 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #13
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can use Scott's battery break in method at any time! It will help even old, misused batteries!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Good to hear you approve. Still time for you to get some of those floating ideas to the docking station, Captain.
Beam me up, Scotty!

Nice job on the jacket monogram.

Except for the fact I always knot my tie in a Double Windsor, everyone I've shown that Photo to, actually thought it was me.
The more observant ones spotted the tie knot and SWMBO says the nose isn't big enough and the chin is too pointed.
To the casual observer, it's a ringer.....Even with the tinfoil hat!
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO