lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #11
jantrree
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: My new Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . one way to find out for sure . . .

1-800-Club Car (1-800-258-2227)

. . .
I think it might. I purhcased mine from a guy who bought several from a course and then updated with lights and rain enclosure. Your club car dealer should be able to check and let you know. Call and give them your serial number. They should be able to tell you.
jantrree is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #12
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just called the 800 number and they told me I would have to go back through a authorized Club Car dealer, so I will check that out next week.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #13
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BigBlock View Post
I just called the 800 number and they told me I would have to go back through a authorized Club Car dealer, so I will check that out next week.
. . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #14
jantrree
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I am pretty sure if you pay your authorized club car dealer the transfer fee, you are good to go. It's in their intereststo do it because they get any warranty work and a new customer. It was a very simple form to fill out. Good luck.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #15
jantrree
Gone Wild
Club Car

The quoted material below came from Club Car Precedent Service Manual (2004 and up), page 7-17:

"FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS AND HUBS

See General Warnings, Section 1, Page 1-1.

NOTE: The front wheel bearings are pressed into the spindle and are not serviceable. If excessive freeplay is detected the entire hub should be replaced."
Old 02-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #16
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a new hub on the way. The person I purchased the cart from is going to send me one. I am going to experiment with the old one to see if the bearings are replaceable.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #17
jantrree
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I have a new hub on the way. The person I purchased the cart from is going to send me one. I am going to experiment with the old one to see if the bearings are replaceable.
Sounds like a quality seller. Did you ever find out about transferring your warranty?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #18
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, I received a brand new hub assembly today via UPS. One day service, that is great. I haven't had time to check on the warranty. BTW, The dealer I purchased the cart from that sent me the hub is King of Carts, Columbia SC. They are good people.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #19
jantrree
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Well, I received a brand new hub assembly today via UPS. One day service, that is great. I haven't had time to check on the warranty. BTW, The dealer I purchased the cart from that sent me the hub is King of Carts, Columbia SC. They are good people.
If you purchased the cart from them and they are an authorized club car dealer, it should be a no brainer. They collect $35 and fill out the paper and club car transfers the warranty to you. Sounds like a great dealer.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #20
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Did you ever find out if the bearings were serviceable or not in the old hub?
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car