lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #21
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: ScottyB Cell #

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownchristian View Post
Scott I still need you to contact me. I am missing the solenoid mounting bracket and have a question about the fuse.
You will have to call him, he's not gonna call you. On Monday morning, give him a ring. Here is link to his site: http://cartsunlimited.net/site/3b750...t_us.html#2782
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2013, 06:18 AM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownchristian View Post
1. Scott I still need you to contact me.
2. I am missing the solenoid mounting bracket
3. and have a question about the fuse.
1. E-mail him or call him at the business number provided during business hours. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Contact_us.html

2. You reuse the mounting bracket the original solenoid was mounted on if you don't want to use the mounting holes provided on the Alltrax controller.

3. You have an AXE 500A controller, so the correct fuse size would be an ANN400. (That information is printed on the provided schematic)
The fuse can be inserted anyplace in the high current loop, but is typically attached to either the main positive or main negative terminal on the battery pack.
Another place often used is the B- terminal on the controller.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #23
brownchristian
Gone Wild
Club Car

See my responses below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
1. E-mail him or call him at the business number provided during business hours. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Contact_us.html Done

2. You reuse the mounting bracket the original solenoid was mounted on if you don't want to use the mounting holes provided on the Alltrax controller. The original bracket is too short to fit over the new controller. On ScottyB's website he states there is a new bracket that comes with the kit.

3. You have an AXE 500A controller, so the correct fuse size would be an ANN400. (That information is printed on the provided schematic)
The fuse can be inserted anyplace in the high current loop, but is typically attached to either the main positive or main negative terminal on the battery pack.
Another place often used is the B- terminal on the controller. Schematic shows to install it on the B- lug of the controller but it interferes with the small red wire if you install it horizontal and it appears it would be too tall if you install it vertical. If it can be installed on the B+ lug then I can make it work.
brownchristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

2. You have to shim it a bit. See attached photos
3. Install it on the B+ terminal or anywhere within the battery pack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100845d.JPG (104.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100845e.JPG (98.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

re your post #23
references a small red wire at controller B- (typo)?
The fuse can be mounted at any main positive or negative connection, at the battery pack or at the controller. I suggest the controller B- because is farthest away from the corrosive battery vent fumes.

All red wires are Positive
The only wires at the B- controller should be the Main battery pack negative and the small solenoid wire, usually black or blue in color.

In the cable set, Cables #1 and 2 sill have a small and large end for the super solenoid.
We no longer use the solenoid mount aftermarket bracket. Call me if you have not been able to mount the solenoid directly to the Alltrax control or you still have problems with any of this.

Thank you everybody for your help
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #26
brownchristian
Gone Wild
Club Car

See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
re your post #23
references a small red wire at controller B- (typo)? Small red wire I was referring to is the #1 small red wire with the spade connector for the speed control.
The fuse can be mounted at any main positive or negative connection, at the battery pack or at the controller. I suggest the controller B- because is farthest away from the corrosive battery vent fumes. In my cart the B- is closest to the batteries. ??

All red wires are Positive
The only wires at the B- controller should be the Main battery pack negative and the small solenoid wire, usually black or blue in color.

In the cable set, Cables #1 and 2 sill have a small and large end for the super solenoid. I flipped them backwards, upside down and both ends are identical.
We no longer use the solenoid mount aftermarket bracket. Call me if you have not been able to mount the solenoid directly to the Alltrax control or you still have problems with any of this. I will call you this morning. The mounting holes on the controller are not wide enough for the super duty solenoid. The existing bracket is not deep enough to go over the new controller. I have it temporarily installed with some shims but would like a more permanent solution.

Thank you everybody for your help
brownchristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Call at 8 am
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO