lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #11
farnzy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Dirty seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewzer View Post
Get yourself some Cyclo brake parts cleaner C111C and some chemical gloves and a few of the wifes old white cloths or towels. Clean and White cloths are a key factor.
I have been using this for years to clean these seats.
It will not damage the material and the outcome will floor you.
You have to saturate the rag. Spraying it on the seat will not do a thing and I don't know why. Don't care either.
You don't need to stay in one spot as it cleans it instantly so keep moving along.
You need to change rags after a while when the dirt starts to streak in the clean spots.
Once I am done I get another clean rag and go over it once more to get anything I missed.
Then it is Blue Magic leather cleaner, then the conditioner.
When I do the conditioner I set the seat out in the sun, spray it down good and lightly wipe across the surface spreading it out into the nooks and cranny's leaving a residue to soak in by the heat of the sun.
I just went out in the garage, cleaned this spot and took some pics for you as I have an old seat that needs recovering.
When I learned this trick, all I was doing was trying to find a way to get the stained string trimmer residue off seats where the guys would lean the shafts on the backs of the seats while transporting across the course.
Once the big cheese saw this all our seats got this treatment.
The parts cleaner is about 4$ a can, 2$ if you buy it buy the case and the Blue Magic is about 6$ ea. for cleaner and conditioner. It took about 2-3 cans of C111C on the real bad seats and the blue Magic will do a good 20 seats.
Best part is when your done, the seats are like new and not slippery.
Then..... I use LAS Awsome cleaner (the tan color one), found at the Dollar store, to keep clean and then recondition. The tan is the best as the one that says it removes grease is not all that great.
The LAS Awsome is what it says.
I wash everything with it at 1$ a quart. ( Dollar Tree, The Dollar Store, Dollar General ) has it.
Try it on your windows, Water beads right off.
NOW...
Clean your cart and spray it down with DEEP CREEP by Seafoam (read the can). It is for removing road tar, bugs etc.
You would think someone just painted it.
A rub down takes the residue off and brings out a luster thats amazing.
I do both my vehicles with is and I get ask who details our stuff.
ME~.

One of the best reply's i have seen thanks very much for your help i will be heading out and getting all of the parts for cleaning this arvo thanks again
farnzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #12
farnzy
Not Yet Wild

It sounds bad but thinners works the best out of everything i have tried
farnzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:35 AM   #13
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

On all of the carts I have I use just old fashioned Clorox and hot water on them

I wash them with a good washing machine detergent ( Tide HE ) and then I rinse them off, and with a spray bottle I soak them with Clorox, and allow it to get all the mildew and stains out.......On the tough very stained seats, I have had to spray the clorox a few times, but, I haven't seen a single unit that doesn't look like brand New afterwards.....The Clorox appears to be safe for this use too, as I have done over 30 with no adverse affects as of yet....

Just another method of cleaning them.....But, this does require patience as well as elbow grease

Dale D
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #14
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBailey View Post
My seats looked just like yours and I used a Magic Eraser. They look brand new and they are 20 year old covers. I also used the eraser to clean marks and stains from the body.
What cleaner did you use with the ME?
RPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #15
dewzer
Getting Wild

One thing to keep in mind is bleach removes color from dirt. SO, the majority of the dirt stays, its just clean dirt.
I say this because the guys at the shop used Bleach White for years on most everything.
I did one machine with LasAwsome and it was a night and day difference on the final outcome.
I still stand on the first post I made using the Cyclo parts cleaner. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...irty-seat.html .
When I put all our carts away for the season this fall I did all the factory seats again with the items I have always used sense I found out how well they worked.
I do understand the concern/fear some might have as stated in their replies but if I can do 70 seats every year at the course and every seat that comes to my home shop I felt good enough to post my findings.
One thing I did find this fall was on one of the equipment seats I purchased this year from R&R products must have had a different die in the color gray. It still cleaned the seat, but it sure colored the white rag I used.
Didn't hurt anything but on that seat I wont use the Cyclo on it again.
I would have to add to try my idea in an inconspicuous area first if you feel uncomfortable.
Just my take on it.
dewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #16
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have used carb cleaner with very good results using the same method as the guy posted about using parts cleaner.
CRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #17
Wylie_Tunes
Getting Wild

For dirty or mildew vinyl, I have had good results from Duragloss 541 Marine & RV Cleaner with Mildew Buster and a mild brush. For general cleaning and conditioning, which is key, I use Meguiar's #57.

For tough stains, spot treat with Kent Acrysol
Wylie_Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #18
allenb12
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Soft scrub with bleach. Another cleaner that works.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #19
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I have found brake cleaner damages some seats (yamaha drive). Zep™ 65 citrus cleaner is awesome stuff, with a rag and soft brush if needed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #20
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Yup.whitewall cleaner or marine vinyl shampoo. Both work great.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car