lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2013, 05:28 AM   #21
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart bogs down on inclines

State of Charge for the batteries. If your talking about going 48v in a series cart the motor will be ok to keep. You'll need a larger controller and a solenoid for sure. If you search it on here there are a few charts that will be good to print out so you can see the % of charge in the batteries
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2013, 05:32 AM   #22
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...age-chart.html
post #2
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:25 AM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96rv View Post
I'll keep driving her till the batteries give out. Thanks for the advice. By the way, what does SOC stand for? I guess to change the voltage I would need to change the controller and motor? It's good to know that's an option. It's something I hadn't even considered.
I did have some success getting more useful life out of the batteries that came with my previously owned cart by charging them repeatedly with little or no discharge between charges. Initially, I used a charger that is basically the same as the one you have and within a couple months the batteries went from only taking an 85% charge to taking a 95% charge. At that point, I switched to a charger that went into float charge after the regular charge cycle finished and got more improvement, but not sure if it was from float charging or just good battery maintenance in general.

My original goal was to stretch the battery's useful life through the winter and replace them the next spring, but they were taking ~100% charge the next spring and I ended up using the same batteries another summer. Then I upgraded to a 42V battery pack this summer.

While your results may not turn out to be as good as mine, but there will most likely be some improvement.

-----------
In a series drive (series wound motor) like yours, total current flows through every component, so the weakest component limits the performance of the entire system.

Electrically, there are six subsystems to a series drive and they all have to be equal to or better than the others:
1. Battery Pack
2. High current cables
3. Solenoid
4. Controller
5. F/R switch
6. Motor

The first step is determining what you want the end results to be.
Here is a fairly decent overview of how to do that. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html

Needless to say, you will have many questions.
Just ask and we you will get answers.

Hope this helps.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO