lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
TheFlash16
Getting Wild

Default Another Shuttle Issue

Well I got another shuttle in the shop today and the problem was that it had no power. Batteries were old so I replaced them and still had the same issue. After doing some research I found that the motor wasn't the stock motor. So I ordered a new one from ez go. Finally came in and now it's dead. Even the old motor won't work now. I have some readings I took and some info.
MFR Code- G2000
SN- 121337
No tow/run switch.
Non PDS
(At controller) B- and M- = 9.1V when I press the pedal It drops to 0.3V
(At Controller) B+ and M- = 0.1V when I press the pedal for the solenoid to engage it drops to 51.3V and if I press it all the way to the floor it drops to 50.9V
Any ideas guys?? Getting frustrated with these dang 48V Shuttles.
Thanks for any and all help!!
Cameron
TheFlash16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
TheFlash16
Getting Wild

Default Re: Another Shuttle Issue

Also it has a curtis 1205-210 controller. I've been looking at some wiring diagrams and doing tests and I cannot figure this one out. I've had terrible luck with shuttles lately.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlash16 View Post
Well I got another shuttle in the shop today and the problem was that it had no power. Batteries were old so I replaced them and still had the same issue. After doing some research I found that the motor wasn't the stock motor. So I ordered a new one from ez go. Finally came in and now it's dead. Even the old motor won't work now. I have some readings I took and some info.
MFR Code- G2000
SN- 121337
No tow/run switch.
Non PDS
(At controller) B- and M- = 9.1V when I press the pedal It drops to 0.3V
(At Controller) B+ and M- = 0.1V when I press the pedal for the solenoid to engage it drops to 51.3V and if I press it all the way to the floor it drops to 50.9V
Any ideas guys?? Getting frustrated with these dang 48V Shuttles.
Thanks for any and all help!!
Cameron
On every controller that I know of, you should get Full Battery pack voltage between B- and M- when the pedal is pushed just far enough for the solenoid to click. (It should go to zero when pedal is on floor)

If you don't, there is a bad cable, connection, set of contacts or motor winding(s).

You've working on a series cart, so the F/R contacts are at the top of the suspect list.

Here is a schematic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shuttle 48V series schematic-1.JPG (92.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
TheFlash16
Getting Wild

JohnnieB, It has a brand new motor in the cart. How do I ensure the contacts are okay? I've checked all the cables and connections and they seem to be fine.
Thanks for your help!!
Cameron
Old 09-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Cables, connections and contacts are all the same electrically. If you don't have the same voltage coming out as what you have going in, it's bad.

Here is a schematic with the high current circuit traced. (F/R is shown in F)

Connect negative test lead to B- and start checking the voltages along the red highlighted line and fix anyplace you have a different voltage coming out of something than you have going in.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
TheFlash16
Getting Wild

Once again you come through!! Replaced the F-N-R switch/mechanism and it worked right away. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction again!

Cameron
Old 09-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The invoice is in the mail.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO