lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: What type of 86 Club Car do I have?

Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #12
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

CTD those carts are close but not exactly like the rear of mine. There is no arch/slope from the seat back to the fender on mine.
CRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #13
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRK View Post
CTD those carts are close but not exactly like the rear of mine. There is no arch/slope from the seat back to the fender on mine.
well darn ... i tried
Old 11-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #14
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRK View Post
I have an old picture of that cart I mentioned somewhere back home, I'll see if Dad can scan it and send it to me and I'll post it up. It was kind of ugly, but it was a fun old cart...
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #15
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
I have an old picture of that cart I mentioned somewhere back home, I'll see if Dad can scan it and send it to me and I'll post it up. It was kind of ugly, but it was a fun old cart...
Old 11-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #16
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

I got 'em!! Dad found the pics, scanned them and emailed them to me. They're not the best quality, but they never were to begin with either, we had a crappy camera back in the day. (took 35 mm rolls)

There's another cart in the pics too, I can't even remember the year or any details about it, I just know it was newer at the time, I'm thinking a 95-99 model, and it just might have been 48 volt judging from what I think is an Ingersoll Rand sticker down on the rear body in front of the rear wheel wells.

The cart with the funky square fenders was definitely an 80s model, I can't recall the year on it either, or if it was a 5 solenoid or v-glide and coils setup, I just remember it was faster off the line than the newer one, but the newer one could take it in the long run with top end. I helped dad put in a new switch for the lights, it was a rocker that lit up blue when you turned on the lights. Funny how you remember that stuff, seems small now but I thought I was big stuff back then getting to help Dad with the wiring. If any of you have kids that show any interest in what you're doing, for goodness sake, let 'em help! It'll mean a lot and stick with them.

I digress though, ANYHOW.... The pics are attached below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC1.jpg (21.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CC2.jpg (15.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png CC3.PNG (188.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png CC4.PNG (145.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #17
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Nice work yellowclub! Those pics look exactly like what CRK has...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #18
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Nice work yellowclub! Those pics look exactly like what CRK has...
I knew I had pics somewhere, just took a phone call to good 'ol Dad.

Even with my best "searchfu" on Google, I can't find another pic out there of carts like this one and the one CRK has. Now, like CRK, I really wonder what exactly was different about them, how many years they were produced, etc. Has to be someone on the forum who knows.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #19
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yep

Mine has the coils and the 5 solenoids just like my old 83'

So maybe its a CaryAll that has had the rear bed taken off and replaced with a rear seat? The rear seat is newer then the rest of the cart and its a flip down seat too, but still an OEM Club Car rear seat.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #20
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Just found this history page while doing some more Googling.

http://www.clubcar.com/Pages/background_history.aspx

It states that their first utility vehicles were simply regular carts modified with boxes on the rear, so perhaps that's what the golf carts in question were, pre-Carryall utility carts. I would assume also that the picture CTD posted of the cart with the Club Car box on the back and the Carryall badge down low on the body is perhaps a slightly newer model from when they adopted the Carryall name, but before going to the standard Carryall square metal rear body. Just a rough guess with a lot of conjecture, but it's all I've got at this point.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car