lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2000 Club Car DS Basic questions???

I picked up a 2000 Club Car DS. It had some bent front suspension parts that I have replaced. It appears that when it was wrecked, it was just pushed aside. I have been studying the electrical diagrams and I have a few questions, they are:

Does the multistep potentiometer basically operate the same as a MCOR in the later carts?

What are the common problems with these?

What usually gives trouble?

Based on the chart it is a 48 volt series cart, what can be done to speed it up without breaking the bank?

Is there anything I can do other than clean up and checking connections without having batteries?

Here are some pics.

55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 Club Car DS Basic questions???

The multi step potentiometer (V-glide) is my favorite CC throttle device - beautifully simple in design and function. It indeed gives a 5k-0 reading just like an MCOR (earlier versions gave 0-5k) and there is a CC kit to convert to MCOR4, but I say if it works don't bother with it. Some complain acceleration with the V-glides is "jerkier" than in the MCOR carts. I'm used to resistor carts, I've never noticed. Take some emry cloth and shine up those contacts, plus pull out gently on the wiper (only comes out a little) and clean it with the emry cloth too.

Quickest and easiest way to speed it up - bolt an old CC 36 volt motor in there. I did it to a 2000 DS of my cousin's that I keep at my place, and I love it! Makes it a blast to drive, and for cheap since I had an old 36er laying around. Next easiest and cheapest would be a PQ job on the existing motor.

If you're gonna have trouble it'll be with the OBC or controller, more likely the OBC though. Not a heck of a lot you can do without some batteries though. Keep us posted on what goes on with it, looks pretty clean.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #3
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 Club Car DS Basic questions???

93YCC thanks for the comments. I am glad to hear it is a good reliable system. The contacts on the Vglide look very good. There is a little discoloration but no noticeable wear. I am going to clean all the contacts and connections really good before I install the batteries. I think I have a line on a 2 or 3 year old pack that a dealer is replacing in a cart he is refurbishing to sell. They are in good shape and will get me started. I am going to look for some used parts such as wheels and tires and maybe a brush guard etc. Gonna try to keep the investment down until I know what I have.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car