lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2020, 10:22 PM   #1
alex-in-china
Not Yet Wild

Default Golf cart fleet lithium battery conversion

Hello,

I work for a golf course as the equipment manager in Shenzhen China, I want to convert our members golf cart fleet (club car precedent) to RoyPow lithium ion batteries but I am concerned about the weight when there are 2 caddies standing on the back the front tires don’t have enough weight. This can be very dangerous. Has anyone added weight after battery conversion? I would like to add it to the front rather than in the extra space in the battery compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alex-in-china is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2020, 01:06 PM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Golf cart fleet lithium battery conversion

Fill front tires with water???maybe???
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:23 PM   #3
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex-in-china View Post
Hello,

I work for a golf course as the equipment manager in Shenzhen China, I want to convert our members golf cart fleet (club car precedent) to RoyPow lithium ion batteries but I am concerned about the weight when there are 2 caddies standing on the back the front tires don’t have enough weight. This can be very dangerous. Has anyone added weight after battery conversion? I would like to add it to the front rather than in the extra space in the battery compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think if you have two people in the cart seats your weighting will be that different. Depending on the number of batteries in the cart currently you will only be saving 200lb or so. If you have two people in the cart seats that will more than make up for the weight difference.
You could also regulate speed of the carts down to make up for the difference.
Either way I would test first before converting the whole fleet.
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:33 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Most of the battery weight is almost on the rear wheels so I also don't think it should change the weight distribution all that much. The thing I noticed when I switched my Yamaha cart to Lithium was the ride was much rougher because the rear springs were designed for the extra weight.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car