lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2016, 07:02 PM   #11
JaycoGoGo
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Who makes this brush guard?

I wish there was something snazzy like that for the DS!
JaycoGoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2016, 07:03 PM   #12
JaycoGoGo
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBradley View Post
Wasn't too bad. Measured about 5 times then drilled once

two holes through each side of the frame - just the outside.

Had to get the dremel tool after the bumper and remove the two lower quarters. Then about a half inch of spacers between the frame mounts and the brush guard.

Not bad for a $75 brush guard and $5 worth of bolts.

Still have to get the lights mounted and if there is interest - I'll post up detail pics of the mounting brackets.

Looks like yours sits a little higher than the orange one. Any idea why?
JaycoGoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:16 PM   #13
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok so I have to admit that I'm gonna go eyeball the brushguard on our Husqvarna mower when I get off the boat next month!
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:43 PM   #14
cphilip
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Ok so I have to admit that I'm gonna go eyeball the brushguard on our Husqvarna mower when I get off the boat next month!
They were used on the GT (Garden Tractor type) models I know but not sure what Sears variant.
cphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:46 PM   #15
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
not sure what Sears variant.
It should fit all of the newer AYP-manufactured Sears lawn / garden tractors
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:48 PM   #16
cphilip
Getting Wild

Well... it may... but... Husqvarna makes sears garden tractor lines in its plant in SC. It does not make Sears lawn tractors. MTD does or at least did at one time. Husqvarna makes a lot of other peoples stuff in its own plant in SC. MTD make a lot of others but mostly the lower level lines of stuff. It would fit any Husqvarna made Garden tractor I would think. But I just do not know the model numbers Sears uses to designate those made by Husqvarna.

The reason I recognized it is I owned a Husqvarna "GT" model and it had a guard on it with those end caps
Old 03-20-2016, 09:48 PM   #17
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
They were used on the GT (Garden Tractor type) models I know but not sure what Sears variant.
Mine is a Husqvarna YT46LS and the brush guard looks a little bigger/beefier than the one posted by the OP...
Old 03-20-2016, 09:51 PM   #18
cphilip
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Mine is a Husqvarna YT46LS and the brush guard looks a little bigger/beefier than the one posted by the OP...
Its changed a little from model to model. The one they build for Sear is a budget model keep that in mind. I owed a GT and its similar. Mine did not have the plastic center. But the ends caps were the tell. Thats how I recognized it was by the end caps.

Here is what mine looked like

Old 03-20-2016, 10:11 PM   #19
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Well... it may... but... Husqvarna makes sears garden tractor lines in its plant in SC. It does not make Sears lawn tractors. MTD does or at least did at one time. Husqvarna makes a lot of other peoples stuff in its own plant in SC. MTD make a lot of others but mostly the lower level lines of stuff. It would fit any Husqvarna made Garden tractor I would think. But I just do not know the model numbers Sears uses to designate those made by Husqvarna.

The reason I recognized it is I owned a Husqvarna "GT" model and it had that guard on it.
You are correct. That guard should fit any of the Husqvarna GTs. As for the Craftsman manufacturing, MTD just recently came on to the scene in the past 6-7 years or so. Before then, AYP made all of the Craftsman tractors, and even Murray (when it was it's own company before they went bankrupt) made a few WAY back. Currently, the more expensive part of the line of Craftsman tractors are still made by AYP. MTD only makes the RERs, and the cheap Craftsman riders. AYP, or American Yard Products, manufactures lawn / garden tractors under the Craftsman, Husqvarna, Poulan, Poulan PRO, Ariens (Home Depot riders), Weed Eater, currently one under the Murray name, etc. For example, you could have an Ariens 20hp 46" from HD, Craftsman YS4500, and Husqvarna YTH20K46 all next to each other. Tear each machine apart and they will be absolutely identical

As for MTD, they manufacture under Cub Cadet, Huskee, Murray, Troy Bilt, Yard Machines, Bolens, Yard Man, White Outdoor, etc. lines

Sorry for the hijacking of the original thread
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:17 PM   #20
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Its changed a little from model to model. The one they build for Sear is a budget model keep that in mind. I owed a GT and its similar. Mine did not have the plastic center. But the ends caps were the tell. Thats how I recognized it was by the end caps.
Yup think that we got twins... Mine has the V-Twin Kawasaki motor in it and I really like how smooth running and quite it is...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car