lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2016, 11:58 AM   #21
cphilip
Getting Wild

Default Re: Who makes this brush guard?

\
Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Yup think that we got twins... Mine has the V-Twin Kawasaki motor in it and I really like how smooth running and quite it is...

Yep.... it was in the larger ones they used that version of the guard. However I then googled Husqvarna Brush guard and the one the OP had shown a picture popped up in a Sear mower! But it had those same plastic bumpers on it. So I concluded it has some relationship. And then I find a few references to Husky making mowers for Sears. And as CC has pointed out... a lot of other people make them for sears as well. But that plastic end bumper is uniquely Husky.

Mine as a great mower. It was the highest end one they make with the Gear Vendor Hydrostat. The "ground engaging" one. And yes the Kawasaki twin. However I missed my ZT and ZT just covered ground faster for me. Lots of trees and such. And my local dealer gave me a great trade in on a Toro professional model also with the Kawasaki on it. I used that Husky for 2 season and he gave me within $900 of what I paid for it and then a good deal on the Toro.

I can also tell you that Husqvarna has good customer service. My son had a consumer level one that a hydro drive went out on well after warranty time and because it had low hours and was bought by a good dealer they stepped up and fixed it free of charge.
cphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2016, 12:01 PM   #22
BrianBradley
Not Yet Wild

I deliberately mounted it higher to make sure it cleared the front tires when they are are turned all the way to the right or left. My cart has an A-Arm left on it and the orange one that I got the idea from has a spindle lift with appears to me to move the wheels outward, or that could just be spacers. Regardless I mounted it just high enough to make sure it would always clear the tires.

I'll try to get pics of the mounting posted up later on. It was really fairly straightforward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoGoGo View Post
Looks like yours sits a little higher than the orange one. Any idea why?
BrianBradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:22 PM   #23
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBradley View Post
I deliberately mounted it higher to make sure it cleared the front tires when they are are turned all the way to the right or left. My cart has an A-Arm left on it and the orange one that I got the idea from has a spindle lift with appears to me to move the wheels outward, or that could just be spacers. Regardless I mounted it just high enough to make sure it would always clear the tires.

I'll try to get pics of the mounting posted up later on. It was really fairly straightforward.
Brian, if you could snap some photos of the mount and how you trimmed the bumper, it would be awesome. I actually ordered the brush guard and have it. Will be mounting it soon. Just haven't figured out how to trim the stock bumper mounted with the light kit yet. Any help is appreciated.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:31 PM   #24
BrianBradley
Not Yet Wild

I'll get some pics first thing in the morning and get them up! I don't think you'll be disappointed one you get it mounted up
Old 03-26-2016, 11:38 PM   #25
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I'll get some pics first thing in the morning and get them up! I don't think you'll be disappointed one you get it mounted up
Thanks a ton friend. Yours looks slick!
Old 03-27-2016, 10:23 AM   #26
BrianBradley
Not Yet Wild

this pic shows where the brackets bolt to the frame. I didn't drill though sides of the frame, just the outside. I didn't want to pinch the frame when I tightened it up.

This image shows where I had to stack up a few washers to make up for the difference in width of the frame rails relative to to inside width of the brush guard. I suppose a spacer of some sort would be slightly less ghetto, but the washers were functional and I had them on hand. Note also here, the cutout of the bumper.

Here is another pic of the bumper cut.

And another front shot. I opted for mounting the lights on the wraparound body skirt rather than drilling through the brush guard - A) to save having to drill on a round surface, B) to avoid and rust problems and C) to get the lights up further and behind the brush guard. The light placement is highly effective, but two things now come to mind - I have created a smiley face and the lights why VERY bright, look a bit small in scale compared to the rest of it.

Anyway, I hope this all makes sense and is of some help to you. And please post up pics of it mounted!

B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post

Last edited by BrianBradley; 03-27-2016 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: Wrong pic
Old 03-27-2016, 10:53 AM   #27
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
this pic shows where the brackets bolt to the frame. I didn't drill though sides of the frame, just the outside. I didn't want to pinch the frame when I tightened it up.

This image shows where I had to stack up a few washers to make up for the difference in width of the frame rails relative to to inside width of the brush guard. I suppose a spacer of some sort would be slightly less ghetto, but the washers were functional and I had them on hand. Note also here, the cutout of the bumper.

Here is another pic of the bumper cut.

And another front shot. I opted for mounting the lights on the wraparound body skirt rather than drilling through the brush guard - A) to save having to drill on a round surface, B) to avoid and rust problems and C) to get the lights up further and behind the brush guard. The light placement is highly effective, but two things now come to mind - I have created a smiley face and the lights why VERY bright, look a bit small in scale compared to the rest of it.

Anyway, I hope this all makes sense and is of some help to you. And please post up pics of it mounted!

B
BOOOM!!!! There it is! Outstanding. Looks great. Thanks a ton friend!
Old 03-27-2016, 11:32 AM   #28
BrianBradley
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
BOOOM!!!! There it is! Outstanding. Looks great. Thanks a ton friend!
You bet!! Hope you like yours as much as i dig mine! Post up pics and if you need any other angles, then just ask!
Old 03-30-2016, 07:44 PM   #29
BrianBradley
Not Yet Wild

have you had tine time to get it mounted yet?

Quote:
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car