lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2016, 05:48 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Help.............Always "on/hot" Club Car Precedent

You unplugged all lighting? Including the grey Bullet connector behind the dash that ties the bucket harness into the vehicle wire harness?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2016, 10:53 PM   #12
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would check and see if you have a short from the harness including the key wires somewhere along the line. You might end up trading the line back to the controller and solenoid are and see if there perhaps is wiring error or maybe it's shorting somewhere in the line back. Just my two cents. Have you tested the voltage to the key assembly? Is it 50v or approximate on one wire and nothing on the other? If you have 50v on both female connectors to the key assembly, you know you've got a short in the line.

Test the voltage at the key assembly from the female connectors and post data. If both are zero I think I might know where to,start looking.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:23 PM   #13
markm
Getting Wild
Club Car

He said he disconnected everything.

The voltage to the switch at one time was around 12-13 volts. Then after everything was disconnected and reconnected he said it was 33.
markm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 01:01 PM   #14
K.King
Not Yet Wild

Did you end up having any luck. I have a 12 Precedent doing the same thing. I have taken a perfectly good running cart and swapped ignition switch, controller, solenoid, fwd/rev switch, performed OBC reset just in case and still have same problem. Put all original parts back, completely unplugged harness that goes to ignition switch (etc) and cart will still operate with key off. The only way to keep cart from operating is to flip switch to "tow" mode.
K.King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:51 PM   #15
markm
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.King View Post
Did you end up having any luck. I have a 12 Precedent doing the same thing. I have taken a perfectly good running cart and swapped ignition switch, controller, solenoid, fwd/rev switch, performed OBC reset just in case and still have same problem. Put all original parts back, completely unplugged harness that goes to ignition switch (etc) and cart will still operate with key off. The only way to keep cart from operating is to flip switch to "tow" mode.
No luck yet and he has done just about everything you have done.
markm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:29 PM   #16
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Test the voltage reading at the female connectors that feed into the key switch. Have the cart in run if possible when doing so. I would recommend jacking up the cart and then testing the key switch voltages before having the key turned to on. If both are "hot" then you have a short in the line. You will have to trace the line back using a wiring diagram to find out how both wires are "hot" when the key is "off".
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car