lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #41
JK Fab
Getting Wild

Default Re: loading ramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebber View Post
Again, i can't stress enough, good ramps, used the right way are completely safe, heck some contractors use these types of ramps every day, several times a day and never have any issues!
X10
JK Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #42
AubAlum0509
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunmyer View Post
Sebber,
I have the same problem, have to haul the cart while dragging a TT behind. Also, I don't think it's legal to pull a trailer behind a TT. Many states do allow pulling a small trailer behind a 5th wheel trailer, but not all. A friend from KY got a warning from a cop in (I think) FL about this; he was hauling his golf cart trailer behind his 5'er.
Yes, florida has some different rules regarding DOT issues than any other state. I hate towing through Florida. Also, Florida DOT tend to set up stations and checkpoints a lot. In Alabama, I towed 2 trailers all the time.

FYI, trying to back up 2 trailers is next to impossible.
AubAlum0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:56 PM   #43
Yamahaman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 5th wheel hitch and a fuel tank in the bed of my truck so there is no room for the cart.When I do need a trailer I simply borrow the daughters and so far it works for me.
Yamahaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:17 AM   #44
carguymn
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

These are great, a little spendy, but really slick.

https://www.madramps.com

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using Tapatalk
carguymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:03 AM   #45
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default loading ramp

Some might not realize why 1,000lb ramps say "Not for golf cart use"... After all, weight is weight - right? Not necessarily... When you are on a lawn mower, ATV, etc - "YOU" are sitting in the middle of the vehicle and distributing the weight evenly over the L&R ramps. But obviously in a golf cart, all of "YOUR" weight is on the left, more easily overloading the left side ramps. You have to compensate by getting higher rated ramps - particularly if your a heavy fella. And the worst thing you can do is scoot to the middle of your seat where you can't see your tires to make sure your straight on the ramps!

Also some carts don't have the power to go up a ramp slow, never ever hit a ramp at any speed!!! If you can't go slow then a ramp is not for you!

Some packaging can also be misleading & sneaky - especialy those tri-fold ramps! Always divide the rate limit of a pair of ramps by 2, and a tri-fold by 3, and that is how much each ramp can handle.

Don't skimp on cheap ramps, it's not worth it! Buy local so you know you can easily return them if not happy.

I recommend aluminum for low weight & rust-free life. Get a pair rated much higher than what you need and you won't worry about it every time you go up the ramp. I would stay away from tri-folds most aren't rated high enough and those that are, weigh a lot and are bulky to carry and store.

This PSA was brought you by the Little Deal. Happy loading everyone!

...Tools ...Toys (same thing) :)
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:26 AM   #46
kendeiss
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have a set of Reese Ramps like others I try to put the rear wheels of the P/U in a ditch or back to a hillside Works well
kendeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:58 AM   #47
pimpy1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Just don't use boards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1n6elW6Az0
pimpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 04:19 PM   #48
cphilip
Getting Wild

There is one of these things for sale locally that I really like but just cannot afford. But for hauling one behind a camper this is an excellent solution

http://idahotote.com/

Heres one for sale local to me.

https://greenville.craigslist.org/mpo/5373891104.html
cphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:11 PM   #49
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpy1 View Post

!!! WHY did he keep his foot down? I was wait for it to get crushed...
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car