lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default what is a good all terrain 23" tire??

Hi guys I'm looking for suggestions/feedback on a 23" all terrain tireI'm thinking something like a 23x10x12, 50/50 on off road, something that looks aggressive but isn't super noisy, holds up well , not gonna be doing any mudding,( on purpose) maybe a "crossing" here or there but mostly dirt,grass, rocks, sticks etc., also looking at 6" lifts, It seems that Jakes long travel is the way to go, but what are the advantages / disadvantages of spindle lift or drop axle/ ( besides way cheaper) whats more durable?
my cart is a 07 EZ-GO TXT series model, all stock, planning on new batts, 48V conv, controller, wires, solonoid, switch etc. def open to suggestions, I've been reading threads till my eyes hurt, so much info, hard to digest. thanks alot for any and all input, and thanks for all the info you all have already posted on so many subjects
mike777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Bull203
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: what is a good all terrain 23" tire??

Mike,
check out rocky top carts in jacksonville,fl>
got my set of 23"tires and 12" wheels shipped for 525. have some great looking wheels and fast shipping.
Bull203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
rsw007
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Mr golf cart
http://golf-cart-parts-now.com/golf-...waynesboro-ga/
rsw007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks for the replies, and site suggestions, still looking for feedback on tires, how they hold up , how quiet are they etc
Old 08-22-2013, 01:08 AM   #5
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the Excel Sahara Classic 23 x 10 - 14. I'm sure they are available in a 12". Handles road good, low noise but still has enough tread to sling some mud, trust me I have left some ruts even with the limited slip diff. I have about 50% tread on mine and will replace with the same tire.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The Sahara Classic is a very popular tire among golf carts. The Duro HF244 that I posted about in the other thread have served me well. I don't have means to accurately track my miles, but my best guess is I have somewhere over 300 pavement miles on these tires and they just recently wore the rubber nubs off the treads. A few months ago you would have sworn that the tires were new!

I would expect the Sahara to wear about the same as the tread pattern is very similar between the two. As far as noise goes, they do hum on pavement. The faster you go, the more noticeable it is. The noise level isn't 44" mud tire loud, but people can hear you coming. I don't know if it is absolutely necessary to have a tire this aggressive, but I have no problem getting going or stopping on wet grass or mud with these tires. The noise and comfort level on the pavement doesn't even come to mind and I am pretty picky about these things. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, I would rate this type tire at a 5-6 for road use.
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerj7907 View Post
I have the Excel Sahara Classic 23 x 10 - 14. I'm sure they are available in a 12". Handles road good, low noise but still has enough tread to sling some mud, trust me I have left some ruts even with the limited slip diff. I have about 50% tread on mine and will replace with the same tire.
thanks, that's the kind of feedback I'm looking for
Old 08-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #8
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mike777 - I also have the Sahara Classics. Overall I am very happy with them and agree with all the other comments. One word of caution - some tires are out of round and can cause a "hop" in your ride. I tried Moto X prior to Sahara's and they were bad (see my post history). The Sahara's are much better but I still detect a small out of round issue. It depends what your expectations are and what your gudget is. I will probably replace my Sahara's with the Carlise version when the time comes but I am in no rush.
JMGreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #9
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsw007 View Post
I have tried the MGC 23" all-terrains on 12" steel wheels and they thumped really, really bad. I actually had to replace one because it made the cart un-rideable.

I never had that problem with their 22" all-terrain's on 10" steel wheels.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #10
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

HMMM, interesting, thanks guys anyone else wanna share some tire info?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO