lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: will it hurt my motor to run on low voltage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckSavage View Post
More great info johnnyB. Thank you. I need to add that I read my voltages only 15 minutes after disconnecting the charger. I should add that the charger had been on for 12 hours, but was still reading 10A. Is this odd? Is it caused by the imbalance between batteries?
You got roughly 38.5V about 15 minutes after the charger was removed and the charger was putting out 10A when it was removed.

That was a way too soon to measure voltage and is way too low for such a short period of time after being on charge.

The charger putting out 10A after being on the pack for 12 hours means the control board in the charger is bad or the ON-Charge voltage never climbed into the 44V to 46V range.

What does the pack voltage read while on charge, after the batteries have been on charge for overnight?

What does the pack and individual batteries read after the have sit without being charged or discharged for about 12 hours?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #12
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

JB, thanks for the words of wisdom, we all appreciate what you bring to this forum

do you agree with sir nukes evaluation that I have nothing to worry about for the time being till I get my new 48V pack and other asst. goodies installed?
mike777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike777 View Post
..............do you agree with sir nukes evaluation that I have nothing to worry about for the time being till I get my new 48V pack and other asst. goodies installed?
The jury is still out.

1. The On-Charge voltage doesn't appear to be getting high enough to shut off charger.
2. We don't have an At-Rest voltage to determine the SoC the batteries are achieving.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #14
MuckSavage
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

JohnnyB, I'm still working on my data. Working long shifts on a bridge! Thank you though!
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #15
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

After sitting all night the pack reads 38.2 with on board gauge. Charger is ezgo Powerwise QE, I believe it's charging all the way then shutting down( solid green light)
Old 08-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
After sitting all night the pack reads 38.2 with on board gauge. Charger is ezgo Powerwise QE, I believe it's charging all the way then shutting down( solid green light)
Sorry, your thread appears to have been hijacked and I was answering your question while reading the data from someone else.
38.2V is a full charge for a 36V pack and when you get a steady green lite on a PW-QE, it is saying the charge is compete.
You should be fine until you switch out the batteries for a 48V system.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #17
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

LOL SO yes Mike......he agrees, an you are good to go. the only thing that could make your pack a little bit more stable would be to get the one lower voltage battery (6.25) up a bit. other than that.....you are totally good to go.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I have a 07 TXT "series" with original T105 batts in from 07after a charge the next day it reads 38volts maybe a little more pack voltage, I know I need new batts, I'm just wondering if it will hurt the motor running on sporadic low voltage
the individual batts read 6,39, 6,37, 6.41, 6.25, 6.34, 6.35, the 6.39 is a newer replacement trojan,(other 1 cracked over winter) I know its all over the charts,
it runs along at about 12 mph on flat ground , when doing so the voltage drops to 35.4 , alot of the time its around 36.5( scottybs in dash batt guage) on steep hills it drops to 33.5 sometimes lower and of course the mph drops considerably,once it flattens out the volts go back to 35.4- 36.5 again, if I stop the cart within 5 min it will climb back to 38v, I took a loop last night a couple hills , mostly flat avg 10 mph, went about 8-9 miles got back the pack voltage was around 75-80%, put it on charger it was fully charged and shut off in a couple hrs.
I'm planning on going 48 volts soon with all the upgrades except motor, so not too worried about anything but the motor, will I have any probs running it in the time being? thanks for the replies
Mike
I think we are missing something here. I own about 10 chargers in 5 makes & 3 voltages.... none of them can do this.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #19
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I think we are missing something here. I own about 10 chargers in 5 makes & 3 voltages.... none of them can do this.
You mean your chargers won't top off a pack that is already at 75-80% charged in a few hrs? Hmmm.... I guess I got a good charger or I'm a lier ....
Old 08-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
You mean your chargers won't top off a pack that is already at 75-80% charged in a few hrs? Hmmm.... I guess I got a good charger or I'm a lier ....
Yer a liar? That never crossed my mind ???

What does come to mind is your charger may not be taking the pack to full charge voltage 44-46v.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO