lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
pb3
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default slow when gets wet!

I have an ezgo txt with alltrax controller (500 amp) and when I wash the cart it is slow untill it dries.Could this be the controller or motor?
pb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: slow when gets wet!

or both, but the controllers are very water proof/tight....at least according to their site, but your motor is not. if you are getting that rigorous with the washing, either start covering your motor, or take it easy.....and let it dry for a long while before you fire it up.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Wow......that's really odd. My EZ-GO TXT is used for hunting and I drive it thru some pretty wet stuff.....up to the bottom of the floor and I've never had that kind of problem.

Have you checked your wires that run from you F\R switch to your motor to make sure they are not...or have not rubbed thru and are shorting out on your battery frame?

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

My AXE 4855 series controller buggy does the same thing. My controller and solenoid are relocated in the back, so they don't get wet. I just don't wash it before I need to use. My FNR is covered, so it and its micros shouldn't get wet. It could be the ITS, but I don't intentionally wet it. There is a MOLEX plug that goes to the ITS and pedal micro that does get wet. Could be something to check. Cover with a plastic bag before your next washing. I've been meaning to eliminate the plug and butt-splice, but it's pretty far down on my to-do list.

I also have driven through enough water to actually find a fish under my floor mat, but never had problems. Contrary to the experience of most, I've never seen more than a drop or two in my ITS box, even after having driven in floor deep water.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
pb3
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info!
pb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #6
mjhoward
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I hosed down my spm48500. The wife made it a half mile or so and it slowed and stopped on her with a sporadic throttle and no reverse. I took a leaf blower to the controller for about 10 seconds and problem solved.
mjhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My advice is Do Not hose down your electronics. You wouldn't take a hose to your home stereo or your computer.
For the same reasons you should not hose down an electronic speed controller.
If you want them clean use a little Windex and a soft rag, just like you would your stereo...
If you like washing your batteries cover the electronics and F&R with plastic bags.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
My advice is Do Not hose down your electronics. You wouldn't take a hose to your home stereo or your computer.
If you want them clean use a little Windex and a soft rag, just like you would your stereo...
If you like washing your batteries cover the electronics and F&R with plastic bags.
Yeah. That's good advice. I clean my cart with a pressure washer and soap....but I NEVER wash down my batt's or electronics with water from a pressure washer, or a hose. Like ScottyB stated, just a damp rag to remove the glop that seems to get there is enough.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #9
mjhoward
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Given the environment many carts and buggies are subjected to, I assumed they were able to handle some periodic clean water...Unlike my home stereo. I learned my lesson at that time.
mjhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO