lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Are these #s about right for a 48volt PDS cart ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great white north View Post
1. FYI Johnny : phoned DPI and you are correct the mode I was using was incorrect I need to use - full river -mode 4 , he said I was under charging batts . This will make big difference in run time he said ,

2. I would bet this is a common problem with lots of folks :- under charging
There batts . With wrong algorithm
Thanks Everybody for the info.

3. Now the only problem is increasing my speed fr: 24 -25 mph to 28-30
Any thoughts on that ? , without adding any money
Cheers !
1. It sure would be nice if DPI published a list of what mode to use for each battery manufacturer.
I suspect they have one, but their lawyers won't let them distribute it publicly.

2. I believe you are right. Concerns about overcharging batteries seem to prevail, while undercharging may be a more common problem.

Technically, the battery chargers that shut off at a preset voltage, undercharge batteries, and that includes most of the golf cart battery chargers in use. Making matters worse is the fact that most of the legacy golf cart chargers use a preset voltage based on Trojan Battery data and Trojan batteries use one of the lowest On-Charge voltages.

3. I got a solid 28MPH on 18.3" tall tires with a DCX400 and a stock PDS motor running on a 42V 245AH battery pack.
The motor was spinning around 6400RPM at that speed and that motor RPM translates to a bit over 33MPH on 22" tall tires.

You are loosing about 17% in torque due to the taller tires, but gaining about 14% of it back due to running 48V rather than the 42V I was running, so you ought to be able to spin the motor pretty close to that RPM, but it isn't happening.

Your cart has the weight of one more battery than mine and any difference in the weight of the tires and wheels, but I'm about 30 pounds heavier than you. so the weight difference is probably no more than 100 pounds or so.

I think it boils down to the rolling resistance of the tires being the major factor.

Try upping the air pressure to the max listed on the sidewall.
I won't recommend going above that, but I suspect it is a conservative number.

I was running at 22PSI, which is the max pressure listed on my tire's sidewall.
However, it rides rough, so I'll be dropping the pressure down to best footprint or best ride when I'm through speed and range testing.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #12
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Are these #s about right for a 48volt PDS cart ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great white north View Post
Now the only problem is increasing my speed fr: 24 -25 mph to 28-30
Any thoughts on that ? , without adding any money
Cheers !
Plenty of thoughts but they all = $$$.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO