lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Where to go now

I am new to carts. 1996 TXT series 36 volt cart. I have packed the front wheel bearings with new seals. New rear wheel bearings and seals. one rear bearing was completely gone. Cleaned brakes pads were good. they work but I have two different drums one with 2 adjustment holes one with 1 hole. Cleaned and tightened most all electrical connections which helped a lot. I purchased a
HD F/R switch from ScottyB and 4 gauge welding cable with new ends that I have not installed, but I haven't decided if this is the cart to keep investing money in or look for another cart. The rear axle still has a lot of whine even with the new bearings and full of oil now ( very little oil when I pulled the cover and gear rubbing cover due to dent which I fixed ). The gears felt and looked pretty good. Some roughness changing direction F/R. It rolls easy by hand.

I Know It needs Batteries. They are Trojan 105's 2007 I think. I have charged them about 15 times refilling with distilled water and have never got them over 37.7 volts after 12 hours rest. The charger takes the voltage up to about 44 volts and over 20 amps.
The thing that puzzles me is the cart set 48 hours after charging and was at 37.6 volt for the pack. I drove the cart hard for over a mile with some small hills. The lowest pack voltage I saw was 34.9 on a hill most of the time around 35.5 under acceleration. Parked the cart and pack voltage was about 36. After 25 minutes rest it was back at 37.6 volts the same it was before the over 1 mile drive. 24 hours later the voltage was bouncing 37.6 to 37.5. The DVM is bolted to the battery posts with eyelets.

Lets see if I can post pics I signed up on photobucket.
That didn't work I will try from my ipad
Thatsme? is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where to go now

I will try the pictures again.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Maybe third time is a charm??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Only one of 5 pics showed up. Computer challenged for sure
Old 09-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #5
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Try again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (87.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO