lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #11
dewzer
Getting Wild

Default Re: 12v light wiring Q?

Thats just about what I paid, 27.00 with shipping. I just went with a trusted source. Heck, I even got a call from their rep asking if I recieved the order, did it work and was I happy. Seams like very good customer service to me. I might just look into some more of their lighting for the course and home shop.
I also bought a cheeper set of lights, 65.00 for a set of TruckLite lights. 55W/15A.
The only thing I did different was to get a switch to handel the load and the weather and a rubber boot for the stem. I didnt care for the plastic rocker switch. I don't crimp wires eather. Solder and shrink wrap for this guy .
dewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #12
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, if i got with a 36v bulb, i will probably have to upgrade my switch because I dont know if my walmart special rocker switch is heavy enough. You think it will be ok or is a heavier switch in order? What about heavier wiring?
tyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #13
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

with the 36 v bulbs, what if you have tail lights? Out of luck?
lugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Maybe their bulbs are also offered in 36 volts?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #15
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhuck View Post
Yeah, if i got with a 36v bulb, i will probably have to upgrade my switch because I dont know if my walmart special rocker switch is heavy enough. You think it will be ok or is a heavier switch in order? What about heavier wiring?
Using 36v bulbs to provide the same wattage output would actually LOWER the amp draw. Ohms - It's The Law!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #16
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So i wont be melting down my cart if I used the regular 14g wiring and cheap 12v switch with 36v bulbs?
Old 10-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #17
Group9
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I am about to wire my 92 Yamaha G9 up with lights and I was thinking about just going with LEDs and doing the hookup to 2 6vs to get 12 volts. I figured with the much smaller amp draw of the LEDs, and the small amount of time I actually drive at night, the damage to the batteries from uneven usage would be negligible.

Is my logic wrong on this?
Group9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #18
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A twelve volt motorcycle battery is small but has plenty of power. It eliminates the need for special bulbs, wiring, charging issues, (save using a separate charger) and since the bulbs draw much less than the average Harley does when the starter is hit, you can run a lot of accessories without concern.
Currently I have head, tail and "decorative" lights as well as a horn running off one battery. At night, they may well all be operating at the same time. Get the right battery and you won't have a problem.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Not to be argumentative, but a motorcycle battery is NOT a deep cycle battery. It is propped up by an alternator from the bike.

Lotsa batteries "can" work, but why compromise?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #20
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Not to be argumentative, but a motorcycle battery is NOT a deep cycle battery. It is propped up by an alternator from the bike.

Lotsa batteries "can" work, but why compromise?
Exactly. I was running a lawnmower battery for the lights, and even when only running it about 10 minutes a day before charging, it still went bad on me within a couple dozen cycles.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO