lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Default Finally got a cart!

I joined this site quite awhile back, posted some as I was on the hunt for a cart, but some things happened, and the $ just wasn't there, so I put it on the back burner.

Fast forward to now

Been casually looking for so etching and then today I received a call from a customer to whom I had given my # almost a year ago. He was given a cart, wasn't sure if was going to keep it but said if not he would let me know....obviously I had given up by now. However, that's why he called today, said he doesn't want to deal with it, too many other projects and I can just have it.

What he says he knows.....

-It's a 1993 EZ-GO
-Said he looked up the serial # and it's called a "people carrier"
-It's a 36 volt, and up until a few months ago, it worked perfect, but he said it has 2 gel batteries and 1 acid, the acid has gone dead. Said he hooked a jumper up to the acid several months ago after charger all 3 and it not working, once the jumper was hooked up it started right up.
-steering is loose, has in it has some play in it but said you can steer it fine.
- thinks the right rear wheel hub is is out of balance or something. I asked if it wobbled and he said no but when moving flat out, it made a slight noise.

Otherwise it's purely in need if cosmetics.

So my questions are;

What should I do about the batteries? Replace them all or just the one?

Do I even bother with the steering?

Any ideas on the rear hub issue?

My plans once running would be;

Lift, add lights and black diamond plate if it can be found? All easy to do right? Anyone have a favorite supplier for said parts?

Here is a pic as of today....very dusty and stuff piled on it....

Appreciate all the help and looking forward to this project....pretty **** pumped!
Mrjonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Default Re: Finally got a cart!

More I've read, I see I should replace the 3 12v batteries and go back to six, 6v. Right? Anyone know the best place in Houston to buy them? What kind of run time can I expect on a full charge?
Old 10-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Great starting cart- lots of potential!
The cart was designed to have six 6v deep cycle wet cell batteries in it.
And yes, always replace them all at the same time...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjonman View Post
More I've read, I see I should replace the 3 12v batteries and go back to six, 6v. Right?
Yes, the 6v batts will yield much longer run times and longer pack life than the 12s
Old 10-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Yes, the 6v batts will yield much longer run times and longer pack life than the 12s
But theoretically, for the time being if all it needs is 1 battery replaced, I can do that for now, until I save up the coin for the 6v's, right?

And appreciate it! I'm excited to work on it and make it might own.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjonman View Post
But theoretically, for the time being if all it needs is 1 battery replaced, I can do that for now, until I save up the coin for the 6v's, right?
Yes, and that would be the smarter thing to do so you can make sure it runs ok before you buy a new pack...
Old 10-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Ok awesome.

Any recommends on where to go for parts? Accessories?
Old 10-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:30 AM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Call around and see if you can buy a used battery the same age and same capacity (amp-hours) as your remaining 5. Call battery or buggy places.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:06 AM   #10
seeingreds
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

MR JonMan. Nice project. I just bought a project cart this past weekend as well. 94 EZGO. I am in the Houston area too. I will be following this thread to see where to get stuff locally as well.
seeingreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO