lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #11
Extractor
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Golf Cart Security ?

Interesting thread with many ideas here about this topic...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...light=security

Extractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2009, 04:51 AM   #12
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extractor View Post
Interesting thread with many ideas here about this topic...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...light=security

Here is what I wrote in the thread Extractor just listed...

A cart was stolen at an RV park that I go to for weekend getaways which got me thinking. I have wheel locks on my wheels, I have an Alarm system from BU that senses anyone sitting on the cart or even just a hair of movement of the steering wheel but besides flashing the lights and setting off the siren, the best feature of it is, if activated it kills the ignition switch, (and my key switch was also changed from the basic/common key type.) This alarm’s sensor wires are attached to the +OUT side of the key switch, not the solenoid. Of course I always, 24/7 have a plastic coated cable running through my seat arms and through and around the supports to prevent the seat being lifted to get to the Battery Cables, and even if they barely try to lift or cut the security cable the sensor will pick that up as well activating the alarm. The alarm works with remote key fobs and is great for places like Ft. Wilderness in Orlando. For nighttime away from home parking I have 2 LED lights on the inside of the roof that are set to motion which will light up when someone walks by and an extremely heavy coated cable lock, 7/8 thick, which I pass through the wheel, frame and something permanent like a tree. All of this is good for places that you visit on occasion but I’m sure that if someone sees your cart day in and day out sooner or later they’ll find a way to get it. At home mine is in the garage which has it’s own alarm system.

I forgot to mention that even with a key, if the alarm is set to on, once the key is turned the alarm senses current, kills the switch and activates the siren with lights flashing.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:58 PM   #13
flyons78
Getting Wild
Club Car

My cart is for street and neighborhood use. I live in a relatively hilly area and one of my biggest concerns is some jackhole taking my parking brake off and letting the cart roll down hill, potentially into a parked car. Or what's to stop someone from just rolling the cart into a trailer bed? The roll sensor won't do much. Is there a club or a security device that keeps the brake pedal pressed to prevent roll away theft? I've seen the tire claw, but there has to be something better??
flyons78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:38 PM   #14
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyons78 View Post
My cart is for street and neighborhood use. I live in a relatively hilly area and one of my biggest concerns is some jackhole taking my parking brake off and letting the cart roll down hill, potentially into a parked car. Or what's to stop someone from just rolling the cart into a trailer bed? The roll sensor won't do much. Is there a club or a security device that keeps the brake pedal pressed to prevent roll away theft? I've seen the tire claw, but there has to be something better??
The only way to prevent roll from a downhill situation is to engage the brake cables via the pedal or via some sort of mechanism acting as a "lock" secondary to the pedal lock. Problem is you would have to design and activate the lock to the cable system separately each time you park it. The mechanism would have to be designed to bolt under the cart near where the two cables meet the pull bracket. It would have to attach to the pull bracket and lock that position secondarily to the pedal.

I'm sure I could engineer something to work, but I would recommend turning the wheels in the direction of something like a curb or tree that would stop the cart in the event of a brake release.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car