lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2016, 08:59 PM   #1
bseyfried
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Yamaha G22E whining sound and knocking

I recently bought a G22E. Don't know anything about electric carts yet, so excuse my ignorance here. From the get go, this thing has been whining loudly as if it were slowing down the cart from accelerating. If going on an incline, no abnormal sound. If cruising on flat ground or going on a decline it whines the entire time. Pretty loud. Recently, it started a knocking noise while driving. It's in the motor, not a wheel from what I can tell. Since then the cart goes very slow. It's always been slower with the whining but now with the knocking it's very slow. Just looking for some of you to give me ideas of where to start as electric motors are foreign to me at this point. Haven't driven it for a while and want to get it repaired or place it on blocks and do it myself. Thanks for anything you can contribute!
bseyfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2016, 08:08 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G22E whining sound and knocking

It is probably not the motor itself but the input shaft / gear. Get it fixed now. Check out the brushes while you have the motor out.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha