lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2019, 11:26 PM   #1
palmwoodbuggie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Three wheel ez go

Hi,I am new to Buggies Gone Wild,and I sure enjoy the great bunch here.I have a three wheeled ez go that I found out to be a pre 1985 from Scotty today.It ran fine until it quit about five years ago so I parked it in my redneck back yard.Pulled it out three days ago and charged the batteries and to my amazement they charged good.Now i am trying to get it to go.Press the go pedal and nothing,tried jumping the solenoid and nothing,jacked up the rear wheels and tomorrow I hope to run a twelve volt test on the motor.The car model is x440-4GE other numbers are 344-2480G.Motor is General Electric MOD 5 BC 48 JB 626.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
palmwoodbuggie
palmwoodbuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2019, 07:32 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Three wheel ez go

Once you verify the motor works, the rest is just testing where you do or do not have power. Get out your vom & start checking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring-Diagram-1983-93-EZGO-Resistor-Cart.jpg (45.8 KB, 0 views)
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:03 AM   #3
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Once you verify the motor works, the rest is just testing where you do or do not have power. Get out your vom & start checking.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:04 AM   #4
palmwoodbuggie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for your reply meimk and rib 33024.Although this schematic might be similar,my GE electric motor is perpendicular to the rear axle and the 36 volt charging port is located behind the seat,not next to the key switch as illustrated.My charging port is fed to the positive and negative posts of the two rear batteries.Also I have a solenoid mounted on top of what looks like a controller.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:43 AM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hmmm. Any markings (number tag) on your motor? EZGO wasn't putting controllers in carts yet, till '89 I think. So yours might have been converted to a controller system, rather than resistors. Look through the wiring diagrams in the stickies
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html
See if any look like what you've got. I'm not familiar with any EZGOs with the charger socket behind the seat, so other modifications may have been made.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:16 AM   #6
palmwoodbuggie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Does a resistor type have a silonoid on top of the unit,are the resistor coils exposed.Ill try to do the motor test today.I have not looked under the cart ,ill try to get it jacked up enough to see under the cart where the go pedal rod connects to the unit.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:34 AM   #7
palmwoodbuggie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I did find a schematic that showes three coils or resistors with the motor paralell to the frame.it is not clear enough to see if there is a solenoid on top of the unit where the go pedal connects under the unit or controller.Ill try to upload a picture of the motor tag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 20190110_162830.jpeg (93.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-16-2019, 12:07 PM   #8
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Can you post a pic of your cart and post up the schematic you found (even if it sucks)? That's the exact same motor that old Cushman's used and the front to back motor placement was on Cushman's as well. Certainly not saying that you have a Cushman but those early resistor carts, of which I have 4, were all very similar in their operation and pretty much had the mechanics.

Easy thing first, jump out your ignition switch to see if that's the issue.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:52 PM   #9
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmwoodbuggie View Post
Does a resistor type have a silonoid on top of the unit,are the resistor coils exposed.Ill try to do the motor test today.I have not looked under the cart ,ill try to get it jacked up enough to see under the cart where the go pedal rod connects to the unit.
Here is a shot of my '87 resistor Marathon. The resistor coils are under that cover to the left (please excuse the dirt), but the solenoid is on top of the speed switch board to the right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20190116_16_34_52_Pro.jpg (309.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-16-2019, 05:50 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here are a couple manuals I found in my stash that might help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf X-440 &X444 Service_Golf_Elec_80-81.pdf (4.45 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf x-440 & x-444 Golf_Elec_80-82-1.pdf (5.61 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO