lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2019, 11:35 AM   #1
Sorceress
Not Yet Wild

Default Stopped running

I have a 2005 electric 48 volt Club Car Precedent. Yesterday I went to use it. I placed it into forward and it started to run normally. I got about 10 feet from my garage and it then just stopped going forward. I then tried it in reverse and it would not move. I ended up pushing it back into my garage. I thought maybe it was dead on battery power so I then placed it onto the charger. My charger's amp gauge showed it was charging the batteries. This morning I tried to run it and it would not move forward of backward. When I press on the accelerator pedal I can hear a clicking sound but that is about it. I don't have a manual because I had bought it used. I am pretty handy but would need some help with the troubleshooting of this cart.
Sorceress is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2019, 03:19 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Stopped running

Does the reverse buzzer work on the cart? If it works, does it sound when you put it in reverse or is it dead too? A working buzzer indicates that the controller is getting power. If the controller is getting power, you probably just have a failed MCOR. The MCOR is the throttle regulation switch, or potentiometer in the floor of the cart bolted to the base of the accelerator pedal. A simply bypass of the internal microswitch of the MCOR will diagnose your issue. Remove the floormat by removing the four T40 screws that hold the floormat retainers in place, pull the floormat off, remove the triangular access door in the floor and pull the two-pin connector out of the MCOR, leaving the three pin connector in place. Use a paperclip or a piece of wire to jump the blue wire to the green wire within the two-pin connector and try to operate the vehicle. If the cart works, replace the MCOR. The correct MCOR for your 2005 Precedent would be an MCOR 2, part number is 102528501. Don't buy a cheap Chinese one.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:10 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Get your OEM made MCOR2 here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...cor2-precedent
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:30 AM   #4
Sorceress
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Does the reverse buzzer work on the cart? If it works, does it sound when you put it in reverse or is it dead too? A working buzzer indicates that the controller is getting power. If the controller is getting power, you probably just have a failed MCOR. The MCOR is the throttle regulation switch, or potentiometer in the floor of the cart bolted to the base of the accelerator pedal. A simply bypass of the internal microswitch of the MCOR will diagnose your issue. Remove the floormat by removing the four T40 screws that hold the floormat retainers in place, pull the floormat off, remove the triangular access door in the floor and pull the two-pin connector out of the MCOR, leaving the three pin connector in place. Use a paperclip or a piece of wire to jump the blue wire to the green wire within the two-pin connector and try to operate the vehicle. If the cart works, replace the MCOR. The correct MCOR for your 2005 Precedent would be an MCOR 2, part number is 102528501. Don't buy a cheap Chinese one.
Yes, my reverse buzzer does go off. I will troubleshoot the MCOR as per your helpful instructions.I once owned an EZGO and had the same situation with the micro switch after being told what to look for. I will let you know. Thanks
Old 01-27-2019, 09:31 AM   #5
Sorceress
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Thanks for the part number.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:31 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
Yes, my reverse buzzer does go off. I will troubleshoot the MCOR as per your helpful instructions.I once owned an EZGO and had the same situation with the micro switch after being told what to look for. I will let you know. Thanks

Sounds good. Post results here and we can help you further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:08 AM   #7
Sorceress
Not Yet Wild

Did jumper the two pin connector but the cart still will not go forward or reverse so it looks like the MCOR is not the culprit.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:20 AM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Measure the voltage between the Solenoid big posts to make sure it is closing.

With the key OFF the voltage should be a couple of volts, once you turn the cart ON, put it in FWD and press the pedal, the Solenoid should "click" and the voltage should be 0v.

If instead the voltage goes to near pack voltage, the Solenoid has failed and needs to be replaced.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:36 AM   #9
Sorceress
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

With the key OFF the voltage should be a couple of volts, once you turn the cart ON, put it in FWD and press the pedal, the Solenoid should "click" and the voltage should be 0v.

If instead the voltage goes to near pack voltage, the Solenoid has failed and needs to be replaced.
Will check this afternoon. Thanks
Old 01-28-2019, 05:49 PM   #10
Sorceress
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

If instead the voltage goes to near pack voltage, the solenoid has failed and needs to be replaced.
Here is what I found. With the key off my voltage at the solenoid was about 1.15 volts. Once I turned the cart ON, put it in FWD and pressed the pedal, the solenoid did "click" and the voltage still stayed at about 1 volt for a second or two but then the voltage jumped up to about 38 volts and the cart did move for only a second and then shut down with the voltage returning to about 1 volt. Should I try and jumper the solenoid's two posts to see if it will then run?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car