lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2019, 08:18 PM   #1
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Ezgo rear axle bearing replacement?

I have a 1997 TXT that had a lot of noise in the rear end. Upon pulling the bottom pan, it was full of mud and all sorts of grossness:-|. I successfully cleaned and degreased the whole thing, inside and out, but it’s still loud when I turn it. I’m sure some of the bearings are shot, but the question is which ones? I’ve never gotten deep into an EZGO rear end, although I’ve done the Yamaha drive brakes so I’m familiar with how it works.

Should I just buy a cheap bearing and seal kit on eBay?

Thanks for the help!
Luke
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2019, 08:23 AM   #2
Beaner913
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo rear axle bearing replacement?

The input shaft bearings are 6005s. You will have to leave the shield on one side of those so oil doesn't leak out between the motor and the axle. The differential bearings are
6007s, no shields, and the axle bearings are 6004rs and they are also shielded. I couldn't find the axle seal number. These are pretty common bearings that you should be able to get from a Napa. Installation is pretty straight forward. You will need to get two of the freeze plugs that are in the side of the axle. Those have to be removed to remove the intermediate shaft and its easier to stick them with a hole and pry them out and replace. I would not get the cheapest bearings that you can find, but then again I don't like to redo things because I saved a dollar.
Beaner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:48 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'd jack it up level ( the oil won't run out) and pull the rear axles. If it still growls when you turn it the problem is in the rear end. Replace the outer axle bearings and seals either way. Try adding a couple ounces of STP oil treatment to thicken the oil and stickie coat the gears.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:27 PM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I already have the whole rear end out. I’ll pull the axles next.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO