lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2019, 04:43 AM   #21
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 1995.5 club car 48v obc bypass

So. You have a regular series 48v cart. And this 3 pin connector you are talking about is really a 3 PRONG connection for the charger?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2019, 11:31 AM   #22
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The early OBC and series drive carts had a small triangle 3 pin connector on the OBC.
The later Sepex carts have a rectangle 6 pin connector on the OBC.
The kits have a connector that matches the 6 pin plug. Not the 3 pin plug.

Send the kit back.

Remove the OBC. You have a Yellow wire from the solenoid small post that went to the OBC. Connect the OBC end of that wire to the battery pack main negative.
Connect the Black wire from the charge receptacle to the battery pack main negative.

If you want to use the charger interlock to keep the cart from being driven away while the charger is connected you can use the grey wire from the charge receptacle for that. You will need to buy a relay to make that work.

If you Do NOT want the interlock, either remove the grey wire from the receptacle or unplug the yellow fuse holder and remove the fuse and remove the rest of the wire. Tie the short section on the receptacle out of the way with a zip tie.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:41 PM   #23
24vtd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks guys. Im on it
24vtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:01 PM   #24
24vtd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

All fixed. Charger is great. Turn it on and off with my cell phone plus monitor the voltage
24vtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:21 PM   #25
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Good deal!
Make sure to update the charge profile to match your battery brand and type so you get proper charge voltages and the best battery life.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:58 PM   #26
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24vtd View Post
All fixed. Charger is great. Turn it on and off with my cell phone plus monitor the voltage
Old 12-08-2019, 11:45 PM   #27
dongillett
Not Yet Wild

So glad to run across this post because I was struggling with this as my cart has the 3 prong connector on the obc. Thanks to all that contributed.

When running the wire from the charge port to the battery -, does this need a fuse inline. The kits all put a fuse inline for this connect the best I can tell.

Why does this configuration need a relay to use the gray wire for charging lockout? Is there a relay in the configurations with the 6 pin connectors? Is this just a mechanical safety thing for taking off with a charging cable connected or is there any chance of electrical damage to charge while applying power with the throttle?
dongillett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:15 AM   #28
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongillett View Post
So glad to run across this post because I was struggling with this as my cart has the 3 prong connector on the obc. Thanks to all that contributed.

When running the wire from the charge port to the battery -, does this need a fuse inline. The kits all put a fuse inline for this connect the best I can tell.

Why does this configuration need a relay to use the gray wire for charging lockout? Is there a relay in the configurations with the 6 pin connectors? Is this just a mechanical safety thing for taking off with a charging cable connected or is there any chance of electrical damage to charge while applying power with the throttle?
Hello dongillett. to BGW.

Why don't you start a new thread in the Electric Club Car section stating the year, etc. of your cart so people can help you and others can learn.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car