lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2019, 01:32 PM   #1
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Default Used Club Car Precedent purchase

I may be picking one up for around 1,800...seems like its in good shape from a few pics but i'll go put my eyes on it this weekend.

What are some things to look for I am new to club cars and golf carts in general.

Are there any major issues with the 2008 setup? I plan to mod it up with a possible AC motor and lithium drop in one day and a faster controller. Small lift and tires. Should be a good base to start with?
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2019, 04:29 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Used Club Car Precedent purchase

Sounds like a good deal if it’s in good condition and everything works.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:03 PM   #3
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

You didn't say how old the batteries are but that makes a big difference in price being good deal or not. I know you said you plan on replacing in the future but i you plan on wanting to use it now you will want good batteries. If you want to do the build you are talking about with all new electric components right away then maybe a project cart would be better at an even cheaper price if one is available in your area.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:32 PM   #4
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
You didn't say how old the batteries are but that makes a big difference in price being good deal or not. I know you said you plan on replacing in the future but i you plan on wanting to use it now you will want good batteries. If you want to do the build you are talking about with all new electric components right away then maybe a project cart would be better at an even cheaper price if one is available in your area.
I forget off hand the battery age but they are mis matched brands and age so I don’t expect wonders from them but as long as it gets it moving around a bit. I think I can get batteries a little cheaper through work.

There is also a 2015 with 2017 batteries in my area for 2800. It’s probably cleaner since newer and it’s al inspected at a dealer. What else would be different in a 2015 vs a 2008? Charging system....something about the throttle sensor? I’m new to them but recall seeing talk of stuff like that.

What is like is a clean stock cart for cheap (WAF) that I can tinker on here and there. We already have a gas cart in the family.

Old 11-22-2019, 08:06 AM   #5
Nolagt
Gone Wild

I think I am going to pass on this one. I think I’d rather a newer year, for instance a 2015 with 2017 batteries is at a dealer by me. Inspected including the motor brushes and all. 90 day warranty and in clean condition for 2800.

This other one I’m passing on is in MS is anyone wants the info you can PM me.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:42 PM   #6
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolagt View Post
I think I am going to pass on this one. I think I’d rather a newer year, for instance a 2015 with 2017 batteries is at a dealer by me. Inspected including the motor brushes and all. 90 day warranty and in clean condition for 2800.

This other one I’m passing on is in MS is anyone wants the info you can PM me.
Look at the 2015 without the OBC, could save you in the long run. A 90 day warranty sounds real good! Some shop will only warranty parts, customer cover labor, just know the details of the warranty that they are offering.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:02 PM   #7
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Look at the 2015 without the OBC, could save you in the long run. A 90 day warranty sounds real good! Some shop will only warranty parts, customer cover labor, just know the details of the warranty that they are offering.
I agree!
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 06:24 AM   #8
kantuckian
Gone Wild

when Batteries are mixed thats a REd Flag most of time cart dosntperform well.
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 07:40 AM   #9
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

The Club Car Precedent is a sound reliable cart. Lightweight compared to others, basically corrosion resistant through out. About the only downside is that its designed for 6 8 volt batteries which requires the owner to consider more expensive higher amp hour batteries, which will not matter because you will install the lithium
For those considering a Electrical Hot Rod project this is the frame to go with.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car