lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #1
Mr. Bobbo
Not Yet Wild

Default Bobbo

Our Yamaha is 3 years old and is garaged in the Phoenix, AZ. area where we reside from October to April of every year. Therefore the cart is only in use for 6 months thru-out every year.
While in Michigan, we were called by our "house sitter" who adds water to the batteries as needed and drives it every 2 weeks while we are gone, that the cart reads "half charged" on the meter but will not proceed either forward or in reverse. Almost as if the batteries were dead.
Can anyone tell me what might be the possible cause of this malfunction?

It almost sounds like one of the batteries in the center of the group might be dead and causing the flow of current to the motor to be interrupted.

Appreciate any help or clues.
Mr. Bobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2007, 10:43 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Bobbo

Check all of your battery cable connections. Take them off one at a time, clean them and put it right back on. If its been sitting for a while the connections need to be checked and cleaned. Its good practice to check them at least once a month. I doubt its a battery if they have been maintained as you say. Well kept batteries will last 5+ years.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #3
Mr. Bobbo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bobbo

Thanks, Roady.

I'll try that first thing when we get back. Hopefully you've saved me a few bucks.

Bobbo
Mr. Bobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha