lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2020, 08:05 AM   #1
bnd10706
Not Yet Wild

Default Towing With Club Car Precedent

I just got a 2015 Club Car Precedent, electric.

It has no lift kit, but does have a back seat.

I am wondering if anyone else does this. I am looking for a simple way to move the cart around town. While I have 10ft ramps for the truck, I was wondering about loading it onto a small trailer.

The thing is, when I get to where I am going, can I unhitch the trailer from the truck, then use the cart to tow the trailer.

Mostly pulling kids / other people, kinda like a hay ride.

Has anyone ever done thing? I am just wondering if the cart can take the load on a tongue weight when you have lets say 4 adults and 4 kids in the trailer?
bnd10706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2020, 12:10 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Towing With Club Car Precedent

That will be too much for a stock Sepex cart.

You will need to upgrade the motor and controller if you want to do that on a regular basis. You will generate an enormous amount of heat and needed torque that your stock system does not have and cannot handle.

With the upgrades, absolutely you can and we do and have...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 02:04 PM   #3
bnd10706
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
That will be too much for a stock Sepex cart.

You will need to upgrade the motor and controller if you want to do that on a regular basis. You will generate an enormous amount of heat and needed torque that your stock system does not have and cannot handle.

With the upgrades, absolutely you can and we do and have...
Do you think it would be possible with just kids?
I understand what your talking about with the overheating, but I dont really want to spend another $1000 in the cart.
bnd10706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:26 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

4 people on the cart is all you want to do. Add a trailer and four (4) more people and you will absolutely have a failure. Stock system is just not designed for that. You can get a torque package for about what you are budgeting. Look here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/u...ages-precedent but more importantly call David and talk to him.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car