lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2021, 09:35 PM   #1
BCGolfCarts
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default MadJax Lift Kit Suspension

Hello, I’m new to the forum and looking for some insight and advice. I just purchased a 09 G29 Yamaha 48v cart for a great price. The cart already had a MadJax 6” A-arm lift on it. The front suspension is stupid stiff. 220lbs jumping on the front doesn’t budge it. Makes for a rough ride and poor handling at high speeds on rough surfaces. Does anyone else with one of these kits have this stiff suspension issue? Is that normal for this kit or is there a way to soften it?

Thank you in advance!
BCGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2021, 05:48 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: MadJax Lift Kit Suspension

I think the stiff shocks are common with that lift, I've heard about it a few times. ATV shocks are your best bet for replacement. If you can get the "unloaded length" I can probably recommend something. Measure eye to eye in inches. The best way would be to remove one of the shocks and measure that way, then also measure the "installed length".
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:37 AM   #3
BCGolfCarts
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
I think the stiff shocks are common with that lift, I've heard about it a few times. ATV shocks are your best bet for replacement. If you can get the "unloaded length" I can probably recommend something. Measure eye to eye in inches. The best way would be to remove one of the shocks and measure that way, then also measure the "installed length".
What about the leaf spring? Would you remove that entirely with the new shocks? I was looking at some coil over shocks from golf cart kings. My thinking was to remove the leaf spring and replace the current shocks with the new coil overs. I haven’t had a change to measure the current shocks unloaded. I will post the length here when I do.
BCGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:29 PM   #4
sodar
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

slonomo helped me with this last year. The shocks did not improved ride, but since my shocks were leaking, they solved that issue. Here is the thread about it: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show....php?p=1824912
sodar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift kit, madjax, suspension, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha