lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2021, 08:43 PM   #1
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Camber correcting king pins for precedent

Hey folks. Anyone have experience with the camber adjustable king pins for the precedent model? I'm just wondering if they are just an easy swap out for the stock king pins or am I going to need new bushings and wave washers as well? Everything is tight up front with no play. I put a lift block in that created some negative camber. I was going to mess with the upper a-arm mounting points but the adjustable king pins looked like a better/easier option. Any input would be appreciated.
MYCART8A4RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2021, 06:27 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Camber correcting king pins for precedent

Got any pictures?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:58 AM   #3
kevinmoore73
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I was in the same exact situation as you. I put a 1" leveling block in the front of my '17 Precedent and the camber was awful. I got the RHOX camber-correcting king pins and they were a very straightforward swap. I used the existing wave washers and bushings, as they were all in good shape.
kevinmoore73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:01 AM   #4
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Just what I was hoping to hear. Glad it will be an easy swap. I wanted to do it right and would have changed the bushings if it were what was needed to do it right. But I heard the stories about fighting them out, pressing the new ones in and reaming them to fit the new king pins. Doesn't sound like fun, lol.....Thank you for taking the time to come in and share your experience!
Old 05-14-2021, 11:14 AM   #5
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Got any pictures?
Here's an image of the camber adjustable king pin set. Once I recieve them and get them installed I will post pics here to hopefully help those researching this in the future. I'll post pics with a straight edge on my wheel before and after install to show the improvement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210514-121029_Gallery.jpg (22.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-14-2021, 11:30 AM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Thanks, need to file this one.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 09:23 AM   #7
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmoore73 View Post
I was in the same exact situation as you. I put a 1" leveling block in the front of my '17 Precedent and the camber was awful. I got the RHOX camber-correcting king pins and they were a very straightforward swap. I used the existing wave washers and bushings, as they were all in good shape.
Kevin, where did you put the spacer that comes with the king pins. I figured if it were located under the a-arm mount it would push the a-arms up forcing a more positive camber senario. But I wasn't 100% sure since there were no instructions that came with it. Thanks
Old 05-24-2021, 03:53 PM   #8
kevinmoore73
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYCART8A4RE View Post
Kevin, where did you put the spacer that comes with the king pins. I figured if it were located under the a-arm mount it would push the a-arms up forcing a more positive camber senario. But I wasn't 100% sure since there were no instructions that came with it. Thanks
I put them on top! On the bottom where the bolts go, I used the holes closest to the center of the cart.
kevinmoore73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 05:21 PM   #9
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks Kevin, I did the job last Saturday. Everything went smooth, no problems and cart looks and rides great!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car