lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
JW1
Not Yet Wild

Default No torque after snow

I have a 36 volt cart with new batteries. Has always run fine,but started slowing down and the batteries had about 6 years on them, so I replaced them. Cart ran great. After a 6 inch snow a week ago the cart sat for about 3 day with snow on it. When I tried to use it, No go. I took it to the shop and put on a jack. I took the cover off the ITS sensor and aired it out. Got some wheel movement and it speed up, but when I take it off the jack it has no torque. Move slow and shutters, then stops. I've notice if the plugger going into the ITS is moved slowly the wheels move faster when it is on jacks. Any ideas
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No torque after snow

What year is your cart by the way, and is it a PDS or TXT model. Have you checked your voltages to your controller yet? Are the connections tight to the batteries? Just trying to get some additional info
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
JW1
Not Yet Wild

My cart is TXTE with a date code of B0505. I have checked all wire connections that I know of and the voltage seems correct, but the motor never get 36v.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

It sounds like your solenoid, I just had one of those in the shop not too long ago, there is a diagnostics in the sticky section to tell you in the manual how to check it.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #5
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Shuddering is usually a sign of low batteries. Cold weather reduces the efficiency of batteries.
Make sure you have a full charge and confirm with a total pack voltage of 38.2v.
Also check your battery connections again for a clean and tight condition.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
JW1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all of your help. The reoccuring issue of low battery charge made me deside to check all batteries. They had been fully charged twice and they are less than 3 monthes old. I used a load tester on each and sure enough one was shorting when under a load. You can't ever take anything for granite. These were Cosco batteries and they are great about taking them back up to 6 full monthes with full refund. I replaced the one and well see how they hold up. OK, I know they aren't Trogens, but any battery can go bad. We'll just have to see. I'll let you know. Thanks again.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
dougmcp
Gone Wild

You're right, any battery can go bad including Trojans. Glad you found the problem.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #8
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

the last batch of torjans i ordered i had one that was reading 0.1v. It ran me for a loop after installation and cart wouldn't move. Thats how i found it being bad, found only 29.8v on battery pack.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #9
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i found the same as CourtseyCarts with a neighbors cart. He purchased a new set of Trojans and one of the six was bad.
Paxdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no power, no torque
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO