lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
mnickcrna
Not Yet Wild

Default 1998 ez go regen DCS ITS problem, I think?

I have a 98 Ezgo regen dcs electric golf cart that I have used without any problems the past year. Recently when I went to use it the cart would not go despite having a full 38v pack charge. Batteries less than year old all connections tight and clean. I tested the solenoid per instruction on this website using a voltimeter that showed the same pack voltage on both sides of solenoid with the ignition on. I replaced the solenoid and when I turned the ignition on the cart jumped forward at full speed until I turned off the ignition. After checking multiple connections it repeated this action a few times with the same jumping forward then the solenoid would just click when I turned on the ignition. I opened the pedal box and found the accelerator microswitch rocker arm was broken off. I replaced the broken microswitch, part # V7-1S38E9-201-1 (0.1A-125VAC), with a new one that looks just like the broken one but different part # VS10N052C (10A125-250VAC) and the cart still doesn't go at all. When I turn the ignition on the solenoid just clicks without pressing the pedal. I jumped the microswitch with a small jumper wire with alligator clips and at the same time I used my truck jumper cables to jump the large post on the solenoid, but still same result solenoid clicks when ignition turned on without pushing pedal and cart doesn't move.

I did the diagnostic test per instructions on this website and I get less than 14 volts (12v reading)when touching the black pin at the 10 pin connector on the controller and 14.4v reading when I disconnect the 6 pin connector going to the pedal box. So can I conclude that it is my ITS that is bad or can the new solenoid that fails voltage test be affecting this reading or could it be the new microswitch with different part number and amperage rating? Kind of confused as to why the cart jumped forward with new solenoid first few times then nothing even after replacing new accelerator microswitch. By jumping the microswitch and the solenoid shouldn't that have made the cart do something other than just the solenoid click once when the ignition is turned on? Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to give as much detail as possible. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
mnickcrna is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #2
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1998 ez go regen DCS ITS problem, I think?

Check the small wire coming out of the back of the charger receptacle make sure that wire has 36v+ (there is a reed switch in there that tends to blow) typically if they blow most cart repair guys will just jump it if you will, to get the cart up and running again, If that little wire has 36v, and your its (pedal box) micro switch is good, check that resistor (green board) mounted underneath your solenoid for visual issues, usually the diode on it will blow. If all that checks out good your controller will need to be rebuilt, dcs cars are notorious for bad controllers,
bhfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

bump........ whats taking so long to fix this thing?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

i dunno just saw the post falln in the cracks thought i would open it up
Old 03-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
mnickcrna
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: 1998 ez go regen DCS ITS problem, I think?

I took my cart to a local golf cart mechanic and he swapped out the ITS and sure enough that was the problem! I was surprised the ITS, which is just a small piece of plastic covering some wound up wire with a hole through it cost so much, $200. At least the cart works now!
mnickcrna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

Ya thats usually not a very common problem on the txt's
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO